AdGuard Info Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
By default AdGuard "WFP Network Driver" option is enabled or disabled?

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
On my windows 10, enabled by default.
I tried latest version & it was disabled on install. I also reset settings to default & it was disabled.

Are you running Windows FW or third party FW?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Windows 7 x64 HP, the WFP Network Driver is not ticked. I think it helps Windows 8 and above.
Mine is Win 10 & its not ticked.

Actually I remember it use to be ticked by default. But now its not ticked by default so wondering if any probs they noticed with the option enabled?

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I believe WFP driver is default, however it seems to disable WFP if you have the following AVs
Filtering problem off Edge browser in windows 10
"If you're using an antivirus like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, ESET's NOD32/Smart Security, etc. then Adguard will automatically disable the WFP driver due to incompatibilities with those antivirus programs. Otherwise by default Adguard should use the WFP driver on Windows 10 unless you've unchecked it yourself."

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I believe WFP driver is default, however it seems to disable WFP if you have the following AVs
Filtering problem off Edge browser in windows 10
"If you're using an antivirus like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, ESET's NOD32/Smart Security, etc. then Adguard will automatically disable the WFP driver due to incompatibilities with those antivirus programs. Otherwise by default Adguard should use the WFP driver on Windows 10 unless you've unchecked it yourself."
I read the link you have mentioned. Avatar mention to disable SSL scan in Kaspersky. So it seems any software with SSL scan will have prob with AdGuard as AdGuard too has SSL scan. And user have to disable SSL scan in either the software or AdGuard.

In my case I am running Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 & it doesn't have SSL scan so may be enabling WFP driver option in AdGuard will not give me prob. I think will also exclude AdGuard in KES.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Here is my version of the paid Software:
Adguard_SS1.png

And it should be enabled by default, mine is as it was out of the box on this page here is 2nd Screen shot:
Adguard_SS2.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Greetings Yesnoo,
I am running The setup in my "Config" CyberGhosT's Config I updated it a day or two ago.
I believe you are referring to my VooDoo Shield icon bleeding through the Screen Shot. I like keeping tabs on it no matter what i'm doing so I make it nearly completely transparent, then I allow it to be on top of any page. PeAcE

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Cyber,

Checked your config. You are not running any software that has SSL scan so AdGuard WFP option was enabled for you by default.

It seems if users have other software with SSL scan then AdGuard installs with WFP disabled.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Interesting concept, have you run this by the AdGuard support team ?
If not, do you mind if I do ?
I doubt that Adguard is that smart ( referring to the software, not the staff), but I could be wrong which is often the case :) lol

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Windows Firewall + Defender here, I have had it disabled (defender) when I ran a lot of Anti-Virus software to save resources for Gaming, but with my current config I dont need to disable a thing because my resource usage is wayyy low. PeAcE

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I had the WFP option disabled because of Kaspersky. It can't co-exist with Kaspersky. And since, I don't really use Edge, I keep that disabled. No way, I am going to disable the SSL scan in Kaspersky for Edge. I only use Chrome.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
I read the link you have mentioned. Avatar mention to disable SSL scan in Kaspersky. So it seems any software with SSL scan will have prob with AdGuard as AdGuard too has SSL scan. And user have to disable SSL scan in either the software or AdGuard.

Not any software, this issue is specific to Kaspersky and ESET and their WFP drivers (in fact this all is caused by WFP bugs, but we can't make MS fix it).

In case of ESET in theory we could work together, but we've not yet finished with this issue. In case of KIS there is no chance. Because of all this we now work on a new network driver which will use lower level api to overcome these WFP bugs.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Not any software, this issue is specific to Kaspersky and ESET and their WFP drivers (in fact this all is caused by WFP bugs, but we can't make MS fix it).

In case of ESET in theory we could work together, but we've not yet finished with this issue. In case of KIS there is no chance. Because of all this we now work on a new network driver which will use lower level api to overcome these WFP bugs.
I am running Kaspersky Endpoint Security & AdGuard. I have enabled "WFP Driver" in AdGuard & excluded AdGuard in KES & also added AdGuard as Trusted program in KES.

It seems working fine.

But Yes KES doesn't have SSL scan...so do you think no need excluding or trusting AdGuard in KES as there is no SSL scan in KES?

Is WFP driver installed for SSL scan or Kaspersky generally needs it?

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
But Yes KES doesn't have SSL scan...so do you think no need excluding or trusting AdGuard in KES as there is no SSL scan in KES?

No need, the issue is on the different level, I even think that excluding AG in KES changes anything.

Is WFP driver installed for SSL scan or Kaspersky generally needs it?

Yep, that's how they filter network traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.