AdGuard Installer doesn't allow me to download files

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Yesterday when I tried to restore my iPhone via iTunes it wouldn't download the file when AdGuard is running on my system. It doesn't even help if I disable AdGuard, I have to exit it.
I have the same problem with Google Chrome. If I for example download LibreOffice, it will not finish the download. No problems with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

AdGuard 6.1.331.1732
Filters:
User filter
English filter
Spyware filter
Social media filter
EasyPrivacy
Peter Lowe's List

Please help with this issue.

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Not sure about the cause, but perhaps a corruption of the program or some wrong setting.
You could try to uninstall Adguard using Revo free by erasing each leftover.
Download the online installer and reinstall Adguard leaving the default settings and see if you have resolved.

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Not sure about the cause, but perhaps a corruption of the program or some wrong setting.
You could try to uninstall Adguard using Revo free by erasing each leftover.
Download the online installer and reinstall Adguard leaving the default settings and see if you have resolved.

I will try it out. But I just recently formated my PC because of the CCleaner thing, and I had the same problem before and after the format.

Reactions: Weebarra

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Waiting if you solve by reinstalling It with default settings.

I reinstalled AdGuard and still no changes. I tried to tweak some settings and that didn't help either.

bobby holla

Level 2
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
You probably have the Parental Control turn on. check if it's on and you may turn it off and see if it works.

L

Local Host

Cannot replicate the issue while using Adguard+Kaspersky both latest stable versions, and the same filters as well :coffee:

Make sure you're downloading from trusted sources.

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
You may also switch Adguard to the beta channel update. They have been working on incompatibilities with Eset and Kaspersky.

As my understanding AdGuard is still working on 6.2 and it still has some bugs and issues. I guess I will wait for the final version.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I would contact their support or post in their forum. They are very helpful.

R

Raka Daku

Try Adguard certificate reinstall.. Settings - General Settings - Reinstall Certificate

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Try Adguard certificate reinstall.. Settings - General Settings - Reinstall Certificate

Tried and didn't fix it.

Have you tried their "special" uninstall utility? :D
It's right here: https://cdn.adguard.com/public/Adguard/tools/Uninstall_Utility.zip
  1. Run Adguard_Uninstall_Utility.exe and choose "standard uninstall"
  2. Run Driver_Removal_Tool.exe
  3. Reboot
  4. Install a "Fresh" Adguard

I can't see how this would fix my problem when I recently formated my PC and I had/have the problem before and after I clean installed Windows 10. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.