Advice Request Adguard-like software (freeware)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

I've just not found it that valuable as to pay for it.. It's pretty much like an adblocker where i could get anywhere for free..

If you pay in Russian Roubles, a lifetime license costs something like $5 US.

Besides, you can sign up for the beta.

Adguard offers much more than mere ad-blocking: Stealth Mode, hide header, etc.

Enables safer surfing of foreign domains with automatic enabling of language specific filters: *.pl, *.ru, etc.

It is one of two softs that I cannot be without.

The other is AppGuard.

D

Deleted member 2913

I've just not found it that valuable as to pay for it.. It's pretty much like an adblocker where i could get anywhere for free..
I have a license. I dont use AdGuard as it installs certs & filters HTTPS that I dont like & disabling HTTPS ads will not be blocked on HTTPS sites. So I use uBlock Origin.

If you want I can give you the license. Its expiry 31-12-2016.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Adfender is a nice option, tracking cookie filter, malvertising blacklists, built in filters, and the only one I know which stops ads inside utorrent (supports other P2P clients, yahoo IM, Miranda, etc). Solid alternative after ublock origin, adguard, adblock. Ad muncher if I am not wrong has not been updated in a while.

Last edited:

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
I have a very solid alternative combination for Adguard if configured correctly, it can be very powerful and can even overthrow Adguard in terms of protection.

For the first step, download HOSTSMAN (A hosts manager) and select the following filters:

hpHosts (Ad and tracking servers only)

Peter Lowes' AdServers List
Cameleon (This has minimal web protection too)

Secondly, you will need a good ads and malicious website browser-based filter.
A good one is uBlock Origin. Select "I am an advanced user and select all filters except for social blocking as it does break some pages, if you do want to filter them, use Disconnect.

Once this is all done, you're system will be blocking ads from your desktop to your browser just like Adguard.

NOTES AND LINKS:

1. You can download HOSTSMAN here:

HostsMan - abelhadigital.com

2. uBlock Origin and Disconnect should be available to your browser's web store.

3. Check for HOSTSMAN updates regularly for filter updates and program updates.

4. You can block malicious websites using HOSTSMAN too.

5. You can block offers and adware through HOSTSMAN if you've filtered ads.

Stay safe,@Morvotron. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.