Which adblocker will you prefer for android?

• Adguard

• Blokada

Results are only viewable after voting.

jackuars

Level 23
Verified
I prefer DNS66. It's as good as both, extremely simple to use and lighter than Adguard & Blokada. I'm adamant on memory consumption part when using an ad-blocker.

It's excellent at blocking in-app ads and also blocks browser ads. The latter is not a problem for me as I use Kiwi browser with uBlock extension

Last edited:

vinylmeister

Level 2
I like Blokada very much and I am using it atm. It's FOSS, nice, but it lacks with firewall features. Tried netguard with which you also can use a host file(GitHub Version), but often it is extreme slow.

Blokada with a firewall. This would be very nice!

Alexhousek

Level 1
I have used both Blokada and Adquard on both my cell phone and my Samsung tablet. Both have been uninstalled and I don't use either.

Now, it might be that I don't understand how to use them; but believe me I tried to learn and understand.

Keep in mind that my purpose in using them was to block game ads; not browser ads or pop-ups. I try not to use my cell phone for browsing. I find it slow and cumbersome and hard to read (for my old eyes). I could never get either Blokada or AdGuard to really do much with pop-up ads for games. So, for me, they ended up just being memory sucks and I never noticed much of a difference with them installed.

I might have to try DNS66....

rockstarrocks

Level 19
Verified
Don't like system wide ad-blockers on both Windows and Android. I rather use browser extension. Adguard Content blocker in case of Android. It supports Yandex and Samsung Internet browser.
But if I had to choose I will pick Adguard, which is also free (just like Blokada) if you wanna block ads in your browser only.

Local Host

Level 18
Verified
I have used both Blokada and Adquard on both my cell phone and my Samsung tablet. Both have been uninstalled and I don't use either.

Now, it might be that I don't understand how to use them; but believe me I tried to learn and understand.

Keep in mind that my purpose in using them was to block game ads; not browser ads or pop-ups. I try not to use my cell phone for browsing. I find it slow and cumbersome and hard to read (for my old eyes). I could never get either Blokada or AdGuard to really do much with pop-up ads for games. So, for me, they ended up just being memory sucks and I never noticed much of a difference with them installed.

I might have to try DNS66....
You need the paid version of Adguard to block ADs on APPs.

Zartarra

Level 1
I am using Adguard. It has a lot of options: firewall, ad-blocking (custom filters are possible), a good logbook, alternative DNS server settings, incognito mode, HTTPS filtering and a browser protection (it is not that good as an full av).

On regular times you van buy a license with discount from the official site or from other sites (I got my from gHacks Deals).

Alexhousek

Level 1
You need the paid version of Adguard to block ADs on APPs.
Excuse me, but I did and it still didn't really work. Maybe it does and I just was too dumb to figure it out?! All I can say is that the paid version of AdGuard was a waste for me for the purposes of blocking ads with games. (As I said, I don't care about ad-blocking for web browsers on my cell phone or tablet.)

mlnevese

Level 16
Verified
Excuse me, but I did and it still didn't really work. Maybe it does and I just was too dumb to figure it out?! All I can say is that the paid version of AdGuard was a waste for me for the purposes of blocking ads with games. (As I said, I don't care about ad-blocking for web browsers on my cell phone or tablet.)
Was DNS blocking activated? Was protection on? It may turn itself off after reboot in some situations.