Which adblocker will you prefer for android?

• Adguard

• Blokada

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alexhousek

Level 1
Excuse me, but I did and it still didn't really work. Maybe it does and I just was too dumb to figure it out?! All I can say is that the paid version of AdGuard was a waste for me for the purposes of blocking ads with games. (As I said, I don't care about ad-blocking for web browsers on my cell phone or tablet.)
Just tried DNS66 for blocking ads for games (not browsing) and it doesn't work any better than Blokada or AdGuard. Yes, I used DNS blocking and I added all the host files. As far as I know, there really isn't a way to block game/app ads on Android without rooting.

vinylmeister

Level 2
A question in general. If I use Adguard I can deny mobile data for apps if screen is off. I like this feature very much. But if I use Blokada or DNS66, there is no such feature. How can one achieve this? Is "deny background data" in Android settings the same?

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
I prefer DNS66. It's as good as both, extremely simple to use and lighter than Adguard & Blokada. I'm adamant on memory consumption part when using an ad-blocker.

It's excellent at blocking in-app ads and also blocks browser ads. The latter is not a problem for me as I use Kiwi browser with uBlock extension
DNS66 for me too as it's way lighter than the others, but I've found it poor at blocking in app ads, ie it can't block all4 (UK broadcaster app) ads like paid Adguard can. None of the free ones I've tried can.

amico81

Level 17
Verified
i must cancel my statement about blockthis!. It makes some trouble with chrome.
i'm using Android 9 Pie and my best setting to block ads -> private dns -> dns.adguard.com

but some websites detect adguard and block my visit. I tried the DNS from KeWeOn ( dot.asecdns.com) , but it works a little
bit to hard...my BMW app doesn't locate my car

So, are there some other known DNS for ads-blocking?

jackuars

Level 23
Verified
Just tried DNS66 for blocking ads for games (not browsing) and it doesn't work any better than Blokada or AdGuard. Yes, I used DNS blocking and I added all the host files. As far as I know, there really isn't a way to block game/app ads on Android without rooting.
It has always blocked all kinds of popup ads, in-game ads for me. My phone isnt rooted too. Which game are you playing?

Ensure that DNS66 is running (Start button) while playing the game. You have to keep it to set-alive all the time from settings. Enable option for autostart, run in background & exclude from battery optimization.

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 3
Verified
Alexhousek i instaled that games, I tried on Wifi and mobile data and i wasn't see any advertising. In Wordscapes i'm on level 23 and no ads so far, the only thing I did when I entered the game was I did not agree to share my data when asked. In Solitaire same, no ads so far.
My phone is an unrooted Samsung Note 4 with Blokada 4 ( Cloudflare DNS enabled and 2 Host list, Energized Blu/Goodbye Ads by Jerryn70)

Last edited:

Alexhousek

Level 1
@Alexhousek i instaled that games, I tried on Wifi and mobile data and i wasn't see any advertising. In Wordscapes i'm on level 23 and no ads so far, the only thing I did when I entered the game was I did not agree to share my data when asked. In Solitaire same, no ads so far.
My phone is an unrooted Samsung Note 4 with Blokada 4 ( Cloudflare DNS enabled and 2 Host list, Energized Blu/Goodbye Ads by Jerryn70)
Thank you for that. I'm going to try Blokada again using your settings. So, you are not getting anything in-between levels? No ads for new games? I might uninstall Solitaire and reinstall as you did. However, in Wordscapes, I'm close to level 700. I don't want to lose all that progress; so I won't reinstall. Thanks again.

cryogent

Level 3
Verified
Indeed in Solitaire i was see only once an ads to play Spidersolitaire(or something like that) but thats was all, no ads from that time. In Wordscape i din't see any.

In Blokada u can check the Host log to see what was blocked/allowed during game session/ current day and block from there.

Last edited: