gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Adguard not blocking on Piratebay
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
check settings nothing has changed on adguard, Used ublock orgin and ublock extra no luck, and adblockplus worked.
Hello Guys, I have been using adguard for 6 months or so their windows app I love the software. Recently though a Site I use quite a bit PirateBay I use a pirate bay proxy soooo much faster than the actual url, whole bunch of popups, redirects is happening adguard does block some but it used to block all. I also have ublock orgin on my chrome I enabled it to see if it could block it did not. So I installed Adblock Plus and it block the ads with ease. Is there a setting they recently messed with or did piratebay figure a way around adguard ad blocking? Maybe a certain filter needs to be added or what not. Only settings I have changed on adblock plus when I installed was unchecked allow useful ads block additional tracking and block social media icons. I have all that check in adguard.

Thank you guys hopefully it is a setting or something I love adguard so much but if I have to switch back to adblockplus( used for years before adguard) Will do.

L

Local Host

Make sure you have Adguard Popup Blocker in the latest version (2.2.3), AdguardTeam/PopupBlocker
Untitled.jpg
As for ads, you just need to get the right filters, my filters block all the ads in that website.
Untitled.jpg
This could also be the cause for the ads,
I use a pirate bay proxy soooo much faster than the actual url

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Make sure you have Adguard Popup Blocker in the latest version (2.2.3), AdguardTeam/PopupBlocker
View attachment 189069
As for ads, you just need to get the right filters, my filters block all the ads in that website.
View attachment 189070
This could also be the cause for the ads,
I use a pirate bay proxy soooo much faster than the actual url

I used it on the piratebay.org it was the same. I added the filters you have enabled and it has blocked everything on the proxy piratebay.

Thank you sooooo much didn't think of adding those filters I feel dumb now.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.