Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Reworked and faster DNS filtering

Better smart TV compatibility

Improved connection stability
Meet AdGuard v3.4 for Android, it’s time for it to see the world! Having tested two betas, we feel confident to present this version to a wider audience. Spring is a time for renewal, and software is not an exception. We've swept the dust from the old bugs, fixed them, and made the app better. How? Let's see!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Are there any differences between the DNS filtering from the Adguard 3.4 APK and using dns.adguard.com (for Android)?
A very good question and I don't think there is based on the screenshots in the blog article:
main+dns2.jpg

In the app you select the DNS and the filters lists.
It shows AdGuard DNS.

SeriousHoax

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester
I just noticed that Adguard DNS blocks malicious sites also 👌 This database isn't present on their DNS filter lists btw. I see some users complaining about the browser protection feature on the browser extension slowing down page loading for them. If so then they can simply switch to Adguard DNS and still have that protection.
adg.PNG

SeriousHoax

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester
Is this also true too if NextDNS is used?
Do you mean malware blocking? If security filter is enabled then NextDNS uses a lot more filters, probably almost every filter based malware, phishing lists available there.
Here's the full list:

Upendra19

Level 4
Can anyone suggest which filter lists to use on AdGuard Android? Currently I am using default filters+uBlock extension's filters+Steven Black's Hosts.