Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Reworked and faster DNS filtering

Better smart TV compatibility

Improved connection stability

Meet AdGuard v3.4 for Android, it’s time for it to see the world! Having tested two betas, we feel confident to present this version to a wider audience. Spring is a time for renewal, and software is not an exception. We've swept the dust from the old bugs, fixed them, and made the app better. How? Let's see!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Are there any differences between the DNS filtering from the Adguard 3.4 APK and using dns.adguard.com (for Android)?
A very good question and I don't think there is based on the screenshots in the blog article:
main+dns2.jpg

In the app you select the DNS and the filters lists.
It shows AdGuard DNS.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I just noticed that Adguard DNS blocks malicious sites also 👌 This database isn't present on their DNS filter lists btw. I see some users complaining about the browser protection feature on the browser extension slowing down page loading for them. If so then they can simply switch to Adguard DNS and still have that protection.
adg.PNG

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Is this also true too if NextDNS is used?
Do you mean malware blocking? If security filter is enabled then NextDNS uses a lot more filters, probably almost every filter based malware, phishing lists available there.
Here's the full list:

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

Can anyone suggest which filter lists to use on AdGuard Android? Currently I am using default filters+uBlock extension's filters+Steven Black's Hosts.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
As the summer fades away, the mood often goes down. We'd like to brighten up your day with a major AdGuard for Android update!

Let me say it right away — the most important change here is added compatibility with AdGuard VPN. It's especially topical since a big update of AdGuard VPN for Android is coming VERY soon. I want to save it for dessert, but if you're not the patient type, feel free to jump straight to it. For the rest, let's look at some slightly less exciting (but still exciting!) changes first.
Full changelog:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Apparently, you need to pay separate subscription for

1) Adguard for Windows
2) Adguard for Android
3) Adguard Extension for Browsers because free version gives 3GB per month only. Can give 10GB per month free like Windscribe would be great

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.