New Update AdGuard for Windows - Stable Updates Thread

sirius777

Level 2
Oct 24, 2019
Screenshot (65).png

There's also a new version for Android (v 3.3). I didn't installed Adguard via the Google Play store but directly from the Adguard website, so it doesn't update via the Google Play store.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I can't activate this. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I registered the account on adguard, then installed the trial version and got 2 weeks trial licence, then installed this version and it bumped to a year.
I still do not like the windows version and prefer the extension, I just wanted to check it out. It has got even worse than the last time, it is too heavy.

Attachments

• capture_12272019_101107.jpg
    capture_12272019_101107.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 163

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
It installed OK on both computers without issue, looking at Task here with Chrome running it's using a little over 20 meg & little CPU - I think AdGuard isn't perfect & can be confusing to setup but after trying just about everything for me it's the best solution - My main gripe is using a VPN it knocks 20 meg off my internet speed, without a VPN running and Adguard no change. However I've decided to live with it :cautious::cautious:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
It installed OK on both computers without issue, looking at Task here with Chrome running it's using a little over 20 meg & little CPU - I think AdGuard isn't perfect & can be confusing to setup but after trying just about everything for me it's the best solution - My main gripe is using a VPN it knocks 20 meg off my internet speed, without a VPN running and Adguard no change. However I've decided to live with it :cautious::cautious:
it is a good solution and their malware and Ads tracker database is huge so they provide good web protection

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

I have some questions about this Software for you

1. Can I download and install this today or tomorrow or how Long it is availabkle for download and install

2. And any Infos how are the best Settings for this

3. And any Infos have you make this sioftware i mean the user experience

With best Regaards
Mops21

Reactions: Protomartyr

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
1. Can I download and install this today or tomorrow or how Long it is availabkle for download and install
Any time you can download from the official website (This is an update not Giveaway :) :) )
here is the link : Adguard
however if you want a giveaway licence here's one valid for 6 month of trial instead of the default 30 days ;);):Скачать AdGuard - Интернет-фильтр на 6 месяцев бесплатно
however i don't know if it offers latest major update or not
i don't have specific setting however i enabled some few setting above the default such as Enabling Stealth mode but i can export my setting and send it for you if you want

it is excellent piece of software which boast web protection especially i donot have internet security with dedicated web protection ( i still consider Emsisoft web protection is mediocre so it strengthen this shortage)
With best Regaards
Mops21

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I have some questions about this Software for you

It has a trial like most software.

i enabled almost everything (especially in Stealth Mode) with some personal customization, but you have to test by yourself to find what fits you.

I use the desktop version (betas and stables) since ages (probably a decade), there is no rival to it; everything is well made, lot of useful options and features. This is one of my few "must-have" apps.
also you can add the extension in your browser while using the desktop version, then the extension will act as a switch to rapidly enable/disable the blocking of the site you visit.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
It has a trial like most software.

i enabled almost everything (especially in Stealth Mode) with some personal customization, but you have to test by yourself to find what fits you.

I use the desktop version (betas and stables) since ages (probably a decade), there is no rival to it; everything is well made, lot of useful options and features. This is one of my few "must-have" apps.
also you can add the extension in your browser while using the desktop version, then the extension will act as a switch to rapidly enable/disable the blocking of the site you visit.
yes it is the best thing in it "integration mode"

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
version 7.4 from May 26, 2020

There's a clear headliner for the new AdGuard for Windows update: AdGuard Browser Assistant. It's a browser extension to help manage filtering right from the web page that replaces the old Assistant. We also fixed a bunch of bugs and overall enhanced the app to work faster and better.

Browser Assistant

By developing this new product, we've resolved a couple of pretty important issues that the old Assistant had, without losing in functionality.

[Enhancement] Browser Assistant #2985

Meet our new AdGuard Browser Assistant! From a mere dependant userscript in AdGuard desktop apps it has evolved to become a full-fledged browser extension.
ext_en.png

Obviously, new Assistant has the functions of the old one included but it’s far more cool and user-friendly. And it came in extremely handy, helping us solve three major problems at once:
  • Former AdGuard Assistant was a dependent userscript able to communicate with the app only using a certain protocol. On the contrary, new Assistant is independent: it’s installed in a browser, and you don’t need to wait while the script would be injected into the filtered web page. Putting it simply, it is more autonomous. Technically the new Assistant can be used without the app, although the app is required for the full capacity.
  • When AdGuard desktop app and our browser extension were used in so-called integration mode, the extension icon took over Assistant's functions. However, they could hamper each other’s work. Some websites would stop being protected by the desktop program and be backed up only by the extension which has less possibilities. With new Assistant being extension itself, there is no need to install our regular browser extension anymore, which means there is no risk of an incompatibility.
  • Some people didn't like seeing the old Assistant’s presence at webpages, plain an simple. New Assistant's icon resides safely next to the browser's address bar – zero chance to stand in the way of website's content.
[Enhancement] Own settings tab #3118

settings_en.png

From now on, you can open this tab and get the Assistant for your default browser in one click. And in case your browser is a rare one, you can always lay on the legacy non-extension version – it works everywhere.

[Enhancement] Onboarding process #3119

onboarding_en.png

During the installation, AdGuard determines your default browser and prompts you with a download link for Assistant. If your browser is not compatible with AdGuard, the legacy version is automatically enabled.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

It took us almost half a year to come up with a new AdGuard for Windows release. Many of you might ask, what took us so long? Unfortunately, a lot of changes were made under the hood, so frankly it won't be that easy for us to explain, or that interesting for an average user to read about. However, there's one new feature that takes all the attention and saves the day. And it's AdGuard Browser Assistant.
Read the rest on their blog:
Release notes:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.