Advice Request Ads inside of Qihoo TS when starting pc ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
i recieve ads under the windows that tells me how fast my pc starts every 2 or 3 days ? scanned my pc with Qihoo , zam , malwarebytes , and Multiple others no infects

did they really start to inject ads ?

Yes they started it !

Pictures of it Down in the thread !
SO1OShB.jpg

Last edited:

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
Wow i will deinstall dont need any Whitelisted Adware on my Pc .

Any recommendations for a good free AV ? ( Beside Avast it runs crap on my pc )
Bitdefender free if you want the best protection and Windows defender if you want the best performance.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It's not an ad, Qihoo just shows your startup time to analyse if any service or applications or if any junkware are slowing down your PC using it's Speedup or Cleanup functions.

To disable it, go to Settings->General->Show boot time after startup and disable it.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
It's not an ad, Qihoo just shows your startup time to analyse if any service or applications or if any junkware are slowing down your PC using it's Speedup or Cleanup functions.

To disable it, go to Settings->General->Show boot time after startup and disable it.
So it isnt an add if it shows me UNDER the start time to date Single girls in my City and to use a driver Update tool ?

Doesnt this sound like adware ? lol.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So it isnt an add if it shows me UNDER the start time to date Single girls in my City and to use a driver Update tool ?

Can you provide a screenshot of the Ads that are appearing? Remember to censor out any inappropriate images before posting.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Can you provide a screenshot of the Ads that are appearing? Remember to censor out any inappropriate images before posting.
I already uninstalled it. but they appeared every 2 or 4 days and had a timer on them for 15 seconds after that they closed.. under the Boot time windows same size as the boot time window but under it.
Probably try it in a VM leave it installed and open the vpn every some days probably it appears ( dont forget i scanned with Multiple av my machine is clean )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All I know for Qihoo is they show your startup time check and vulnerability scanner for notification.

But since it is discovered to have advertisement inside on a security product then not surprise since Qihoo considered as Free Product.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

That doesn't sound like Qihoo. Been using it for months, and never had this kind of advertisement. The only ad that appears for me like Huracan mentioned is in the Toolbox tab showing recommended free games, and which is extremely non-obtrusive.

Validate your argument with a screenshot, because it might be coming from other sources and not from Qihoo.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
That doesn't sound like Qihoo. Been using it for months, and never had this kind of advertisement. The only ad that appears for me like Huracan mentioned is in the Toolbox tab showing recommended free games, and which is extremely non-obtrusive.

Validate your argument with a screenshot, because it might be coming from other sources and not from Qihoo.

i will reinstall and recheck .i used it myself Months. i think it started after the last Version.

as i said scanned my PC with ZAM , Malwarebytes and some other AV all clean. Qihoo Uninstalled and had yet no AD notification anymore.

for ads i got ADGUARD installed. but i didnt want to add Qihoo to the filter.

Believe me or not. its not interesting me

TL;DR

was satisfied with Qihoo Ts months then they #####ed up for me.

Reactions: yigido

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
I got it Displaying Ads. i will Upload the screenshots soon ! just fresh installed it , restarted and its there , actually its AD riddled

SO1OShB.jpg

More Pictures of ads Inside Qihoo and that my PC is clean

Qihoo injecting tons of ads

Last edited:
Reactions: kev216 and Ink

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015

It's real, in 8.6.0.1133 update of 360TS they inject ads on scanning, cleanup, toolbox and PC Startup

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Uninstalling was a smart move in my opinion.
Like AlphaBeta states Bitdefender will work nicely with Win10
and is a smart move as well.
PeAcE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.