Advice Request Advanced System Care By IObit detected by Malwarebytes as PUP. Is it really a PUP?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Your choice. A PuP is a Potentially unwanted program, From personal experience ASC only makes your computer worse and is a no go in terms of optimisation software for me. This is only my opinion though, I'd advise uninstall and use a better program if you were looking for optimisation, otherwise if you don't know how it got there than uninstall anyways because you never know whether it's a legit copy.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
It's not a big threat to your Pc. But Malwarebytes is really agressive too. Iobit, Auslogics and Ashampoo products are often detected as PUPs by Malwarebytes.

Wether it is good to use ASC as and optimization software, depends on you and your experience. I've seen it fix some recurrent problems on Pcs. Other people had some bad experiences with it.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Avira detects it too ;)
Anyone a Virustotal scan?
All credits to Datenspule ( twitter )
C7N6db8XQAAopsm.jpg:large

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Avira detects it too ;)
Anyone a Virustotal scan?
All credits to Datenspule ( twitter )
C7N6db8XQAAopsm.jpg:large
It seems Avira detects it as malware/TR - Trojan Deceb.Iobit.
Well, if the detection is related to a malicious fake installer, then it may be likely but in the case of a legit Iobit file, it is probably a false positive.
Saying that Iobit is a PUP is one thing, saying that it is malware it is wrong in my opinion.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
It seems Avira detects it as malware/TR - Trojan Deceb.Iobit.
Well, if the detection is related to a malicious fake installer, then it may be likely but in the case of a legit Iobit file, it is probably a false positive.
Saying that Iobit is a PUP is one thing, saying that it is malware it is wrong in my opinion.
Hmm it looks like Iobit Contains Some malcious files as it is been detected by A lot of avs since today..

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If your familiar with the history between MalwareBytes & IObit, this would come as no
surprise. If you need a system tool try Kerish Dr., it employs many of Windows own native tools and is far superior to
ASC.
But if you must install ASC, like Spawn said do a "custom install" being mindful of pre-checked boxes. ;)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.