Advanced SystemCare Free or Ccleaner Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

@yigido Glary Utilities is very good and very safe program. I used it since version 2 and never messed up anything. There is also Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014 which is free and it's also safe.

Reactions: WinXPert

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
CCleaner works great alongside Windows Disk Cleanup, Sysinternals' Autoruns and Process Explorer.

Currently, ASC Free contains too many tools that I simply won't need to use. Therefore I use CCleaner, but you should use what you require from the software choices. :D

@kram7750 Both IObit and CCleaner's standard installer files both contain OpenCandy/Spigot (Adware). And the IObit vs Malwarebytes news is way too old to be a creditable excuse to not use IObit software. :rolleyes:

xxrandomxx

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 26, 2014
Both IObit and CCleaner's standard installer files both contain OpenCandy/Spigot (Adware).

Actually, I am currently testing both in my VM and none of them tried to install adware with them.

D

Deleted member 21043

Actually, I am currently testing both in my VM and none of them tried to install adware with them.
I trust you. If you say it is not installing adware, I believe your words. I never "tested" it myself. The only reason I was paranoid that it installed adware was because so many forums and posts online say they do/did.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I never "tested" it myself. The only reason I was paranoid that it installed adware was because so many forums and posts online say they do/did.
All is not gold that glitters. Most of forums usually glitters, but the gold is scarce. Mostly is only emotions.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@kram7750 Seeing is believing.

upload_2014-6-27_17-34-6.png

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
No problem Cowpipe. IMO average users like me should never ever mess with the registry. Only advanced experts should IMO.

You're exactly right there marg, you should never mess with the registry unless you know what you're doing. However there is nothing stopping an average user from digging into the registry to fix problems, so long as they know what they are doing. Much like picking and eating toadstools, it's perfectly harmless so long as you only ever pick the ones you know are safe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.