Advice Request Advice on HitmanPro.Alert. Is it worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for your time ,Does anyone here know what Internet security suite is benefited by me having Hitmanpro.Alert running with it?,What I'm hoping to hear is this is the extra layer that makes up for any lack in exploit protection,the suite is poor in. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The title suggests that you need to know whether HMPA is any good for complementing AV/Internet Security suites, while you've asked for the AV/IS that can be best assisted with HMPA.
Are you sure you want to keep HMPA in your system? If yes, complement it with any good suite that you find convenient and effective. HMPA has an effective exploit protection and a decent signature-less protection. It also offers Keystroke encryption, cloud scanning, safe browsing, online banking protection etc.
In general, a majority of suites implement exploit protection, however, their effectiveness and scope may vary. Hence HMPA, Malwarebytes Anti-exploit and similar tools have been used by many in addition to their traditional AV.
Why not use a strong preferred suite and complement it with HMPA instead of finding a suite that is potentially weak in exploit and zero-day protection to be complemented by HMPA? (you'll have to watch for any incompatibilities of HMPA with your AV eg. during safe browsing, AV updating, keystroke & typing issues, though HMPA generally does well with most AVs).

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
My HMPA sub is running out soon too and I was contemplating if I need it with KIS + VS.
Sophos changing it to 1 device from 3 kinda got me pissed, but then i remember the Closed beta is gonna have Real time protection too, so it might be worth renewing.
any other application that has similar modules as HMPA?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
HMPA is the strongest all-around anti-exploit app. There is nothing comparable.
Version 7 (still in beta) is significantly stronger than version 6.
It will give additional protection over and above your AV suite.
It is compatible with most AVs.
It is prone to conflicts and complications. If you have no patience, don't install it.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for your time ,Does anyone here know what Internet security suite is benefited by me having Hitmanpro.Alert running with it?,What I'm hoping to hear is this is the extra layer that makes up for any lack in exploit protection,the suite is poor in. Thanks
Keep it, and add EmsiSoft AM if you feel the need to close or cover some gaps.
Good luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.