Operating System
Windows 8
Infection date and initial symptoms
Every browser changed home page to Mail.ru, I could not access malware detection sites, windows defender got blocked.
Current issues and symptoms
My Facebook keeps posting promotional stuff on its own.
Steps taken in order to remove the infection
Used malwarebytes, it removed most of the virus, but some of it still comes back.
System logs
I did not upload the FRST.txt logs

Diskover

Hello, there is a Russian adware on my system which I can't get rid of.
I'm removing it with Malwarebytes, but it comes back after every single reboot.

Here's the Malwarebyte summary after detecting and removing it (It'll come back after I reboot the system anyways)

Can someone help me get rid of it, It even started posting some promotional pictures on my Facebook and tagging others on it, I have corporate/work friends there and It makes me quite uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

TwinHeadedEagle

Verified
Staff member
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Reactions: Diskover

Diskover

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Have I done it correctly?