Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The hacking free-for-all continued this week as Sega apparently became the latest victim of a network breach and none other than hacking group LulzSec offered to help the game company by taking down the responsible parties.
The blog PlayStation LifeStyle posted yesterday what it said was a letter sent by Sega to users of its Sega Pass service, informing them that "unauthorized entry was gained" to the Sega Pass database and that the company is investigating.

"We have identified that a subset of Sega Pass members' e-mail addresses, dates of birth, and encrypted passwords were obtained," the letter reads. "To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text. Please note that no personal payment information was stored by Sega, as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion."
The letter doesn't say who might be behind the intrusion; it simply continues with news on how Sega is responding to the hack, along with a couple of cautions.

[............]

Also yesterday, LulzSec, which has hacked Sony, Nintendo, and FBI affiliate Infragard Atlanta, among others, sent out a public tweet addressed to Sega: "@Sega - contact us," the tweet reads :
[attachment=446]
Underscoring the current out-of-control atmosphere surrounding cybersecurity, LulzSec followed that tweet not long after with a note updating the phone numbers of the request-a-hack hotlines the group had set up earlier in the week.

More details - link

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 513

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When I saw LulzSec (black hat) it came to my mind its same like the Anonymous Group.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Out of all that Hacker Groups, LulzSec is my fave for always bringing in the laughs, :biggrin:

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Out of all that Hacker Groups, LulzSec is my fave for always bringing in the laughs, :biggrin:

I don't really like them at all, at least anons have a good enough reason for doing what they're doing, plus I agree with them sort of.

new user

Jun 18, 2011
The difference between lulzsec and anon: http://www.osnews.com/story/24861/LulzSec_Just_Because_We_Find_it_Entertaining_
Oh and hi dejan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.