After the Deadline - language checker for the web

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
As you probably know, english isn't my native language , so from time to time I do make some grammar and spelling mistakes.I was searching for a good tool to correct all my spelling mistakes and I've stumbled upon After the Deadline. Right now I'm trying the Chrome plugin , and I think I'll keep using this add-on.
This tool is very useful and I think you'll like it more than your classic built-in browser language checker.

Home page
Go to After the Deadline home page.

About ;

After the Deadline is a language checker for the web with:

• Contextual Spell Checking
  • Advanced Style Checking
  • Intelligent Grammar Checking

Features :

• Checks Spelling – Spell checker looks at context and uses artificial intelligence to make recommendations.
  • Detects Misused Words – Most spell checkers assume any word in their dictionary is correct regardless of context. This means all misused word errors go unnoticed.
  • Checks Style – Style checker has thousands of rules and uses context to choose the best suggestions.
  • Checks Grammar – The grammar checker in After the Deadline protects you from common writing errors. After the Deadline uses statistics to automatically find exceptions to its grammar rules, making it one of the smartest grammar checkers around.
  • Explains Errors – The misused word detector, grammar checker, and style checker explain the mistakes and suggestions to you. Click an error and choose the “Explain …” option.

Demo

Try After the Deadline Online demo

Download After the Deadline

After the Deadline – developed by the people behind WordPress – is an open source (free), language checker for the Web which is available for:

• Chrome - Web Browser
  • Firefox - Web Browser
  • AtD Tool - A command-line interface to After the Deadline
  • bbPress - Plain and Simple Forum Software
  • Bookmarklet - A utility to AtD to any web-page with one click
  • BuddyPress - Social Networking for WordPress
  • Confluence - Enterprise Collaboration and Wiki Software
  • Intense Debate - Distributed Comment System for Blogs and Websites
  • OpenOffice.org - Free and Open Productivity Suite
  • Windows Live Writer - Blog Composition Software
  • WordPress - Blog Tool and Publishing Platform

You can download After the Deadline from here - link

Screenshot :

After the Deadline in Google Chrome
1.png

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Only for English?
About the tool?

You can add Language Packs for your browser:
Firefox - Dictionaries & Language Packs :: Add-ons for Firefox
Chrome - chrome://settings/addLanguage

You can enable Spelling Checking in your browser:
Firefox - about: Preferences#advanced (remove Space from : and P)
Chrome - chrome://settings/languages

For Forum:
All posts must be made in English with proper spelling and punctuation.
https://malwaretips.com/pages/rules/

SMed79

Nov 16, 2015
I wonder to user this tool for others languages on others websites/forums without installing multiple dictionaries on FF.
Thanks!

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
As you probably know, english isn't my native language , so from time to time I do make some grammar and spelling mistakes

Yes, we do. We know that you are from Romania ((Deșteaptă-te, române!). But who cares about this? This is a computer/software related forum but not English language and literature one.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.