Mar 4, 2014
Looks legit & tough enough, i like that
thumbup.gif

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
@Frog Boy ....I'm planning to install avast free instead of Kaspersky coz i think kaspersky is slowing things a bit....How about Avast + Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium ? or do i stay with Kaspersky itself??..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If Kaspersky is causing major performance issues, then I would consider switching. However, if it's a few seconds delay to launch a program or added boot time, then it's normal for any start-up or security program to have that affect. For avast Free, as recommended, use the Customise Installation options.

You may want to restart Windows, you can view how long Windows 8 has been running since your last reboot.
Open Task Manager > Performance tab > CPU > Up time (DD:HH:MM:SS).
I've noticed this sometimes helps to fix some program issues, as a Windows 8 shutdown is not the same as a Windows 7 shutdown.

If on laptop, you may want to change your Power Settings. Be aware that changing power settings may affect performance and or battery life.
Click on Battery icon from System Tray and switch from Balanced to High Performance (ie. better use of the CPU).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can activate the Free Trail during the Malwarebytes installation, or from within the GUI. However, I don't see any benefits to using more than one Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware / Content Filtering in real-time.

Why do you need to 2 real-time scanners?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.