ALA-FAEag - Automatic FRST fixlog creation tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smith83

Thread author
hxxp://wxx.ache.nl/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=ALA-FAEag

Drag and drop your frst and addtion.txt files into the ala folder, run the tool and await the fixlist....

Source

Does not catch everything, but it will save time for malware helpers using the FRST tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Where Log files should be?
I got them on desktop and in C:\FRST\Logs but it couln't find.

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096 and Jack

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Added Log to installation folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\ALA )
But...

Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard01.jpg

Click on Continue and at the end just say fixlist created but I can't find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
OK, i found out.
FRST must be put in installation folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\ALA ) and then run from there.
Log must be in that folder and Fixlist will be there.

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

S

Smith83

Thread author
  • Download FRST64 or FRST32.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • If you do not know whether your machine is 32bit or 64bit check here.
  • Download Install ALA.
  • Hit start - Computer - Local Disk C:
  • Navigate to Program Files x86
  • Right Click ALA Create Shortcut.
  • Drag ALA shortcut to desktop.
  • Right Click FRST run as admin.
  • Click SCAN.
  • Allow completion.
  • Two log Files will appear on desktop. FRST.txt Addition.txt
  • Drag them both into ALA folder shortcut on desktop.
  • Double click ALA shortcut to open.
  • Right Click ALA Application -- Run as admin.
  • qVrsSWs.png
  • Press C when prompted.
  • Allow completion.
  • Drag the newly created Fixlist.txt onto your desktop.
  • Right click the FRST program -- Run as Admin.
  • Click FIX.
67-png.904

S

Smith83

Thread author
Keep in mind the program is still a baby, it's not gonna get everything. But it will help the average user remove known trash from a machine....

Reactions: Av Gurus

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hi, this software is safe to use?
because failed in VT report 2/55 (Invincea, McAfee-GW-Edition) an Jotti report 1/18 (QuickHeal).
Even FRST (downloaded from 2 source) both 64/32 failed in VT report (2/56 - 4/56).
Is something FP report?

Reactions: kev216

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Just so you know, we weren't aware of the existence of this tool until today (someone posted it over at BleepingComputer). Some of us will probably test it soon (I will tonight) but as always, we don't really like tools that provides an "auto-creation" functionnality like this one since it's impossible for them to cover every single entries that needs to be fixed. My guess is that it just takes all the lines flagged with "ATTENTION" and puts them in a fixlist.

Reactions: cryogent

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Interesting new and handy software. Thanks for sharing!

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Just so you know, we weren't aware of the existence of this tool until today (someone posted it over at BleepingComputer). Some of us will probably test it soon (I will tonight) but as always, we don't really like tools that provides an "auto-creation" functionnality like this one since it's impossible for them to cover every single entries that needs to be fixed. My guess is that it just takes all the lines flagged with "ATTENTION" and puts them in a fixlist.

Thanks for your answer,
however I asked if it's safe because it's reported as infected with something else malicious.
Same for FRST that is not new on the market.

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
The detections for FRST are false positives, I can guarantee you that. As for the ALA-FAEag, I have no idea since I didn't use it yet.

Reactions: cryogent

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Not a very good tool to use and rely on and here at the reasons.

I attached two reports below that I will compare with ALA and my personal Fixlist creating tool.

First problem is that report must be named exactly FRST.txt and Addition.txt. My tool doesn't require that.

Second reason is output that is very scarce and doesn't help you at all.

I attached both produced fixlist files so you can compare. Must admit that I don't update it that often and there are some lines that could be targeted too. Main reason is because I am the only user , but you can never rely on a tool to check report for you because it isn't safe. You always need to double check, but this helps a lot.

Attachments

• 5864a7dfabd28_Addition_28-12-201623_57_39.txt
    79.2 KB · Views: 575
  • 5864a7d7420c2_FRST_28-12-201623_57_39.txt
    112.3 KB · Views: 487
  • fixlistALA.txt
    2 KB · Views: 460
  • MYfixlist.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 541

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Didn't know it was you since you don't use the same username here :p

And to be honest, if the log is full of junk, I personally run JRT, AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, etc. first to cut it down, and grab a new set after.

Reactions: Jack and Smith83
S

Smith83

Thread author
And to be honest, if the log is full of junk, I personally run JRT, AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, etc. first to cut it down, and grab a new set after.

Yea, but it could be used from the start, then request new FRST logs and go from there. It does find a lot of entries with missing files and attention... It could save you time that is for sure.

Plus, I am going to put this online in some malware removal guides so the average person has access to something that can potentially help them. :)

S

Smith83

Thread author
@TwinHeadedEagle Since you have a similar tool, perhaps you can contact the maker of ALA. Combine heads... Get a better program by merging the two. Since the aim is to help people fight against malware.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I already worked with logs that required me to create a huge fixlist. I don't particuliary mind, since most entries are back-to-back so you can select them all easily and copy them in your fixlist. It's more of a problem if these lines are separated somehow (but that rarely happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.