Advice Request Alert virus discovery acoustically?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmo's Jackhammer 95

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2018
Hey,

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum but I found this option in my Antivirus (G DATA) and was wondering what it's for?

I couldn't find much on it but I think it may be some type of Cloud Analysis of some sort? It's located under Real-Time Protection > Virus Monitor. Do you guys think this would add value to my PC or cause slowdowns etc.?

TheSuperGeek

Level 2
Verified
Jan 6, 2017
I don't know if there is a link... but i think it's make a sound when a virus is detected ? Accoustically means that in a dictionary : the definition of acoustically : "pertaining to the sense or organs of hearing, to sound, or to thescience of sound."
Or maybe someone who know more G Data can help ?

Reactions: bribon77

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Good: I do not use Gdata, but I think it is an alert with sound when it detects a malaware.
But there are colleagues here in MT that if they use Gdata and can tell you more about this topic.

Reactions: TheSuperGeek

Elmo's Jackhammer 95

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2018
Hm, okay thanks for info folks. I'll wait to see if anyone who uses G DATA on MT Forums has any more info on this?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Real time protection> Virus Monito
The bottom "□" is the activation of "Notification by alarm sound at detection" (2017 version).
It is a setting frequently adopted by other security software, but it may be upset by an unknown warning sound.:eek::eek::eek:
Even if I use it everyday, there seems to be little influence on deceleration:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.