ALTER EGO - A new identity with a push of a button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Two Romanian created button that helps you surf anonymously on the Internet. Alter Ego project was launched several months ago, is still in the testing stage, but it is public and anyone can try.

I use this add-on and I believe is verry usefull for privacy protection and I wanted to share with MalwareTips users and look for other opinions.

Our mission

Is to protect your privacy with just a push of a button.

Why are we doing this?

Our lives are fully exposed on the internet. with just a few clicks, anybody can find out where you live, when you travel, what you eat, or even the conversations you had over lunch (yes, Google this is about you). But what about your personal email and passwords? Aren’t they secured by the internet giants? Sometimes they are, but if you use the same email and password for multiple sites, (like most of us do) if one of them is hacked all your other accounts are compromised. Of course, you have nothing to hide, but knowing that a complete stranger is browsing through your data or uses your identity can be traumatising.

What happens when I subscribe?

Your email address is stored on our highly secured servers and it’s used strictly for ALTER EGO.

What's in it for me?

If you’re among the first subscribers you’ll receive for free full access to our platform. No nasty

30 days trials, no buy one, get one free, but lifetime of free security.

Where is it available?

For now only on Chrome. Firefox and Opera

For the techies out there: we’re using Advanced Encryption all around - AES 256, all data connections are protected with TLS 1.2 and a 24/7 team that’s dedicated to keeping

the platform safe. For the rest of us: just know that we’re using the most advanced security.

It’s so secure that even we (or the FBI) can’t see what you store.

Can I change my mind?

Of course! If you want your email to be erased from our database just let us know.

As you probably guessed, you’ll lose the free access to the platform.

65c62f_e829b61cc91f4bdaa928416150cf6c8e-mv2.png

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
I like the general idea, but it comes across a little over-confident.
If Google, Mozilla and Opera said it's fine, then it's fine.

No, it's not. I don't give a hoot about those three letting you offer an extension on their sites. The hurdles are low enough.

And I'm not "getting a button", this is a complete extension that wants access to my browser. Why treat people like 3-yr-olds? o_O

Also, we're talking about a complete newcomer asking up to 1.200 $/yr. for limited usage. I don't know about you, but up 'til now I always thought 1Password was expensive, yet the latter doesn't limit me or store my stuff on unknown servers in the first place.

For the price, I think I'm doing just fine registering manually as Eddie Murphy from 23rd Street in Hootersville. :p

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
You are right, I will never pay something for services like this one, I don't tell you about this amount 1200$ :)), I have used the free version and only the probllem was with mail adress. The reason for this add-on is only when you need quicly an acount like facebook, twiter... something like use and forget.

Adz.

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2016
It may come in handy when you want to quickly register on a site, but then again i've never heard of this. I'll just wait for more reviews and replies on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.