Alternate photo viewer for Piscasa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenson

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2014
Does anyone know of an alternate photo viewer that does the same as Picasa?Meaning viewing a photo but still seeing the background or folder that the pic is in.
Thanx in advance.

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
In my opinion IrfanView is a very good alternative. It loads images very fast and while you quickly shuffle through pictures in its viewer, it do not suffer much lag and also remains at a low RAM usage.

I earlier used Faststone Image Viewer but switched to IrfanView and it is wonderful as a image viewer and basic editing. Though It lacks one option which is to highlight any thing (Faststone Image Viewer has a highlighter option).

Go ahead and try IrfanView .:)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Zoner Photo Studio Free, PicPick, Windows Photo Gallery, FreeVimager, JetPhoto Studio and Photoscape.

Enjoy!! :D

fenson

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2014
Thank you for the replies,but i am looking for the transparency effect that Picasa has when you double click on a photo to view it.You see the photo in the foefront,but you still see the folder & desktop in the background.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Then why don't you stick with Picasa. I still use it in Windows/Linux as my viewer.

I forgot about Irfanview.

Advantage with XnView is that you can use Photoshop plugin, same goes with Irfanview

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.