Bitdefender
Avast
Avira
McAfee
Feature comparison
  1. Ease of use
  2. Impact on hardware performance
  3. Most available features
  4. Core protection (malware and heuristic engine)
  5. Internet protection (web filtering, anti-phishing, anti-spam, browser extension)
  6. Proactive protection (anti-exploit, behavior blocker, IDS-HIPS, sandbox)
  7. Network protection (firewall, anti-botnet)
  8. Ransomware protection
  9. Banking and payments protection
  10. Machine learning and A.I. capabilities

superleeds27

Level 2
Apr 5, 2017
why are you just not follow the instructions supplied by Kaspersky on that community board to whitelist the sites that are throwing the error until the fix is released?
Kaspersky getting a fix out within 60 or so days, considering the holiday season many staff took vacation, is as good as it gets, none of the other av you are considering switching to does it better, nobody stops the clock to push out immediate fixes within days, not even for critical vulnerabilities, not even for active malicious campaigns, microsoft responded to wannacry it took almost 1 month for a full complete response which rolled out in phases over another month
I've already explained why on this thread. Along with why I'm looking to try something different

Last edited:

superleeds27

Level 2
Apr 5, 2017
the email attachment underscore is a security feature, it is intended behavior
you seem to just be a disgruntled user with unrealistic expectations of fix-it-now and perfection, you will find unacceptable fault eventually no matter what you install
Eh? It was a major issue and was renaming all attachments upon landing in outlook. It wasn't intended and the fix then was to disable attachment renaming altogether. Claimed they couldn't undo the issue then under pressure from customers, finally released a convoluted fix. See here

Its an accumulation of issues over the space of a year.

I'm not demanding a fix it this minute approach. My point was, the issue was reported, the issue has been replicated, they know what's causing it, they know what the fix is, but can't push the update for another 2-4 weeks?

If you take a look at the official thread on their forum, you'll see that this has impacted customers businesses (people ringing or emailing asking why their website is down - it's not, it's done to the AV), COVID related websites etc.

It's a pretty big issue.

I'm fine with finding fault. We're human after all, it's how the faults and mistakes are handled that matters. :)

Last edited:

SpiderWeb

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
ESET ESET ESET. Not even close. Lightest, least intrusive. Does exactly what it should.

Personally I would rather tweak Kaspersky than to go through the hassle of uninstalling that monster. Once you install Kaspersky the only way to fully uninstall is to restore a backup or reinstall Windows lol. Please don't go anywhere near Bitdefender. It's just as problematic. The rest of them don't bother.

superleeds27

Level 2
Apr 5, 2017
Personally I would rather tweak Kaspersky than to go through the hassle of uninstalling that monster. Once you install Kaspersky the only way to fully uninstall is to restore a backup or reinstall Windows lol. Please don't go anywhere near Bitdefender. It's just as problematic. The rest of them don't bother.
Never had an issue uninstalling Kaspersky

What was your decision @superleeds27? Did you continue with Kaspersky? Did you switch AV? If yes, which one did you choose?

Just curious about your decision not important 😗😄
Trying out bitdefender on a spare laptop for the time being.

oldschool

Level 64
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

amirr

Level 21
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have bunch of friends that use norton and never had any issues with it
Eset is usually one of firsts on virustotal detecting phishing/malware pages what i have seen aswell

But since norton and crypto i would go with f secure myself
I also started using norton-360-premium , which I bought it from @SerialCart its great product.
I have used Kaspersky Internet Security for many many years since 2006, also uses ESET and F-Secure.