Troubleshoot Am so confused..am I or not compromised?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The best way here is to make a backup of your files from the phone and conduct reset factory settings.

What are your applications installed on Android Phone? Tendency one of the programs may experience bugs that can affect overall OS behavior.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Kp-Everywhere-Myst

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2017
The best way here is to make a backup of your files from the phone and conduct reset factory settings.

What are your applications installed on Android Phone? Tendency one of the programs may experience bugs that can affect overall OS behavior.
Is there an easy way to copy and export a list?? There quite a few especially including system files...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not even that familiar with Android and what it's default "Windows Defender" counterpart is.
What OS do you run on PC/Laptop?

Windows Defender is an Antivirus on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's safe to use, which Microsoft integrated into their OS. On older versions like Windows 7, it's not sufficient.

Is this an Android or Windows issue?

Kp-Everywhere-Myst

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2017
Android. I'm trying to settle it's question of security once and for all because it is my two part authenticator for one..but I also wondered about some thing else I'm uncertain is relevant...

Question: if I want to pop in a different sum card and it was A) mine previously but by my provider the information was transferred to my new one or
B) someone else's equally deactivated

Or C) an active SIM that was either mine or another's.

What would happen? Can I read anything whatsoever of interest from it? It very possibly could hold the answer to one mystery behind who and how my hacking woes started last October...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.