Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What is Amazon Go?
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)

Coming Soon 2017
1x1_b._UR1,10_.gif

How does Amazon Go work?

Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning. Our Just Walk Out technology automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt.

What do I need to get started?

All you need is an Amazon account, a supported smartphone, and the free Amazon Go app.

Find out more: https://www.amazon.com/b?&node=16008589011

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I really want to try this out. Cool concept but say goodbye to a lot of jobs if this goes throughout America and maybe the world.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ttto and frogboy

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
Yeah you right, on my view if this going forward i think most people they will loss a job and then everything is technology.

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Some day we will just need to sit in our house and do nothing, all will be taken care by technology. Also, we will have implants in our head which will handle all kind of communication. Imagine when I will not have to type what I am currently typing and you don't need to read what you are reading now. Every thing will be fed to our brain by the implant. But then we will start to loose our eyes,ears, nose etc because they will become useless.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Large cart; cashier.
Small cart; self-serve.

There is something about picking out your own fruits and vegetables that you simply don't get by allowing someone to pick them out for you. I'm particularly picky about the physical condition of my foods that can potentially go bad.

Edit: Respect to the one person that voted None of the Above. Either you're immortal, or have your own farm.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Some day we will just need to sit in our house and do nothing, all will be taken care by technology. .. Every thing will be fed to our brain by the implant. But then we will start to loose our eyes,ears, nose etc because they will become useless.
Have your seen the animated movie by Pixar, Wall-E?

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Watching the video, all I could think was "Huh, this could be a fascinating Black Mirror episode".

They're very vague about how it'll work, but the way it works will probably tear a person's privacy to shreds in the process. When I just want to buy some milk, I don't want my every move and what I buy to be tracked by a computer system, then probably used to try and target ads to me or even bump prices of certain foods up based on what I like to buy.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Have your seen the animated movie by Pixar, Wall-E?
Yes, quite a few times and liked it, its really wonderful movie.

I actually think much farther. If we go like this we just end up a brain and nothing else at all. A brain hooked on to a electronic world, where every thing is performed electronically. Even energy will be provided by devices, so we will need nothing else.

Reactions: Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.