Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Amazon has revealed an "extensive" fraud operation which compromised the accounts of 100 sellers in 2018.

According to redacted UK legal filings seen by Bloomberg, unknown threat actors managed to break into these accounts and siphon cash from the victims, generated through both loans and sales, before depositing the funds into their own bank accounts.

Amazon said the cyberattack was in operation from May 2018 to October 2018. The full extent of the theft or specific monetary figures has not been made public.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have been ripped of before,with a paypal scam ,even when proof is given,I doubt the people ripped off ever get there money back,unless you go to court I guess.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.