Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
slow internet speed on some specific websites
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
cleared firefox cache and other elements
I have already tried refreshing Firefox cache, cookies and cronology. When I try to access local Amazon on my tablet (wi-fi only) or phone it works fine, this should exclude ISP cause since I'm using the same connection, I also tested it is browser indipendent; amazon is slow period; generally fail as a permanent loading and the page is either blank or just partial; for example missing images or in some cases missing CSS or JS (can't click the buttons, no functionality, etc..) I was thinking of some hardware issue but other websites are just fine and fast (except Facebook) it seems that loading contents from CDN takes forever, in particular images; even when I browse to the same pages and it should supposedly use cached content:

9ed76457.jpg

edit: the image now is acting weird, after leaving the page open for some minutes, here is what I get; the preview larger image has the calssical "missing image" icon, however if I hover my mouse the zoomed in version is being loaded fine:

ca2d5e19.jpg

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
If it's not the main page, I suggest you share the exact url/link as otherwise it could be almost impossible for others to make a fair judgement or even help.

The main page I personal have zero issues with as it opens and loads very fast. Tested with both latest stable versions of Opera and Firefox.

Upvote 0

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
If it's not the main page, I suggest you share the exact url/link...
You are right, take this for example:

The images are missing again, only the main/first image is being loaded (image below) it is a really broad problem, as also reseach has the same issue, in short every page except the home, I also cannot load "orders" page as often it remains plain blank. To note that I already browsed to this article and it should already have the images from the cache at some point.

Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Thanks. For me with Opera it was the bottom images that was a bit slow but they all did eventually load/opened. 3 seconds maybe, and yes that's a bit slow even for me on my connection.

Had to test it also in Firefox and, same images at the bottom is loading a bit slow.

Not sure what sort of possible browser extensions you use, maybe try disable as many as possible and see what happens if you haven't already.

Upvote 0

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Ok, seems that I have resolved, I had to update Realtek driver manually as Windows keept saying it was already up to date, while it was two minor versions behind. I'm not yet sure why Windows was not updating it automatically.

Upvote 0

ColorfulPug

Jan 11, 2020
Ok, seems that I have resolved, I had to update Realtek driver manually as Windows keept saying it was already up to date, while it was two minor versions behind. I'm not yet sure why Windows was not updating it automatically. MyCFAvisit

The images are missing again, only the main/first image is being loaded (image below) it is a really broad problem, as also reseach has the same issue, in short every page except the home, I also cannot load "orders" page as often it remains plain blank. To note that I already browsed to this article and it should already have the images from the cache at some point.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.