AMD gases up Bulldozers for Intel push back

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Advanced Micro Devices is in a number of tight spots at the moment, but the company is hopefully optimistic that its future "Bulldozer" Opteron processors due later this year will let it dig in and grab some desperately needed - and profitable - server market share from archrival Intel.

The first Bulldozer Opteron chips, the 16-core "Interlagos" processors, are still on track for production in the second quarter with a formal launch sometime in the third quarter, Vlad Rozanovich, director of the enterprise and public sector business at AMD, tells El Reg. These chips will be used in servers with two or four processor sockets and will plug into existing machines that use the G34 socket and that currently sport the 12-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6100s.

Read More

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I have looked at amd's price and the 6100 is the best choice if you wanna buy a server cpu. Just imagine for cpu of a 8core cpu with nice overall MB Cache (lvl 2: 2mb & lvl3:6MB) compared to intel's Xeon that has low Cache

Price list

OFFTOPIC
I don't know if I am AMD fanboy but they better than Intel performance per price

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.