Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
AMD has once again surpassed its processor (and soon-to-be GPU) rival Intel in terms of market capitalization. The companies swapped places after Intel revealed a very difficult quarter that saw it lose half a billion dollars. AMD, meanwhile, will report its second-quarter earnings tomorrow (Tuesday, August 2), when it's expected to confirm strong growth over the three months.

This isn't the first time AMD has passed Intel when it comes to market cap. That happened in February when team red's $49 billion all-stock takeover of Xilinx boosted its market cap to $197.75 billion, pushing past Intel's $197.24 billion by $51 million.

AMD only managed to stay ahead of Intel for a few weeks before Chipzilla once again became the more valuable company. But that changed in the wake of Intel's disastrous quarterly report in which it announced a 22% year-on-year revenue decline of $15.3 billion and a $454 million net loss, which represents a 109% YoY fall. Intel blamed the disappointing figures on the same factors that all faltering tech companies are pointing at: an economy teetering on the brink of recession, falling demand following the lockdown boom, and conservative consumer spending.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Oh No Reaction GIF

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Really congratulations to AMD, I'm surprised and stand up to applaud them. That such a small company in quotes, surpasses the blue giant of Intel. Since Ryzen AMD came out it is another company, since those cpus forced Intel to leave the famous 4 cores 8 threads that we were used to, generation after generation. I thought alder lake and raptor lake would put AMD in trouble, but Ryzen 7000 is coming on strong and raptor lake is just a rehash.
Greetings to all.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Intel Arc could be a turning point for future Intel.

Intel has a monopoly on low-end cpu with no competitors. I'm only interested in the evolution of the core i-3.

Reactions: Nevi
L

Local Host

Intel Arc could be a turning point for future Intel.

Intel has a monopoly on low-end cpu with no competitors. I'm only interested in the evolution of the core i-3.
I don't know where you going with that, Intel Arc won't scratch the competition, due to the reputation Intel has with iGPUs, I don't expect most gamers to shift from either NVidia or AMD (which is the market Intel is trying to target).

All in all, Intel Arc is a waste of resources that should have been focused on iGPUs.

Plus Intel has more than enough competition in the low-end CPU market, since VEGA is offers more than suitable challenge to Iris XE.

As for overall CPU performance Intel also loses, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U vs Intel Core i5 1135G7 - Which Is The Fastest Notebook CPU?

What you can say about Intel in the low end market, is the amount of anti-competitive deals they have with most OEMs.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.