AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor Tested And Pictured – Blows Away Intel’s $1000 Core i7-5960X

Kuttz

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Here’s the Ryzen 7 1700X CPU up close:
AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-1000x666.jpg

and here’s the pin layout of the Ryzen 7 1700X CPU (right):
AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-back-1000x666.jpg

Starting with Physics score in Fire Strike Performance preset, oh look it’s almost identical to what we posted..
AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Fire-Strike-Physics-1000x572.png

The CPU-Z screenshot confirms the codename, 3500 MHz clock speed, and 2132 MHz memory frequency.
The CPUmark of Intel i7 5960X is 561.
AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPUZ.png

My Intel Core i7 6800K (@ 4.0 GHz) scores 1259 points.. and i7 5960X scores 1318 here:
AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Cinebench-1000x502.jpg

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
The Ryzen leak prime time is here. Performance testing of the final Ryzen 7 1700X CPU from AMD has leaked out from Xfastest.com (the article is now hidden behind a password) and features AMD’s upcoming x86 offering in all its glory. The 1700X (which is not the flagship by the way) can be seen going toe to toe with Intel’s $1000 Core i7-5960X, and even the Core i7 6900K in some cases. Without any further ado, lets dig in:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Cinebench, 3DMark Physics and CPU Mark benchmarks leaked, goes toe to toe with Intel’s $1000 Core i7 6900k
The first benchmark that we have is trusty Cinebench R15, which along with 3DMark can be considered the bread and butter of PC performance testing. This is not a custom load like the blender test, but the standard load of the benchmark and features the Ryzen 7 1700X CPU running at 3.5 GHz (it is not clear whether XFR is running at this point or not but from the results I would hazard a guess that it is):

Cinebench is a favorite benchmark for testing fully optimized performance across all threads.

The performance of the Ryzen 7 1700X is pretty damn impressive in almost every factor. According to past leaks, you are looking at a pre-order pricing level of $389 and this is very clear, $1000 Intel processor level performance. To give you some context:

• The Core i7 5960X scores around 1318 cb
  • The Core i7 6900k scores around 1565 cb
  • The Ryzen 7 1700X scores around 1527 cb
Further up we have the FireStrike Physics score. This is the score that would be really relevant for most gamers since even though this is a synthetic benchmark, it usually gives a fairly good estimate of the computational power harvest-able by a gaming application. XFR will help out a lot in this side of things, and some games might actually fare better with hyper threading disabled (since most games are unoptimized and benefit primarily from the clock speed of the first few threads). Keep in mind however, that Ryzen processors will probably need a much more robust system as compared to Intel counterparts considering their Tcase is substantially lower.

Ryzen-7-1700X-Fire-Strike-Physics-Benchmark-840x481.png

Ryzen-7-1700X-CPUZ-Benchmark.png

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Back-Side-840x560.jpg

Xbox Scorpio Won't Feature a Jaguar CPU Most Likely; Might Have Features That Are Planned For Ryzen

Some of you might recall the editorial I published last weak, calling on Intel to make a move since AMD has clearly called check. This leak just goes on to further prove the point that Intel’s monopoly is technically over. AMD finally has a competitive x86 uArch and armed with the amended WSA it will give the blue giant a hell of a fight – one that could easily cripple the blue chip maker if it is not careful. With Intel’s price/performance points blown utterly out of the water, it must respond with appropriate price cuts – or see its market share shrink rapidly.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I wish everything goes well with AMD.

While I do not prefer AMD, I do RESPECT them for their performance/value ratio in their products, but even more so because they add to the competition, breaking Intel's and nVidia's monopolies in CPUs and GPUs respectively, and in this way, regulating the prices of both of these companies.

Without AMD to spice up the market, Intel/nVidia would have no incentive to truly innovate, and prices would remain stagnant at best, or be higher than the actual value, in the worst case.

Good for AMD.

Team Red, I wish you the best!

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
What really matters--gaming performance was next to the 6600 and pales compared to higher Intel models.
That is usually the case. People expect a "massive spectacular miracle of explosive performance"... Of course, we won't get that.

It will be quite good performance for the money, though. So long as we don't overestimate things, everything will turn out satisfactory from Ryzen.

AMD will finally be jumping to 14nm - a great leap.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.