Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
On August 31, an AMD FX processor achieved a Guiness World Record with a frequency of 8.429GHz, a stunning result for a modern, multi-core processor. The record was achieved with several days of preparation and an amazing and inspired run in front of world renowned technology press in Austin, Texas.
Uploaded by AMDUnprocessed on Sep 12, 2011

Read : AMD spills secret to World Record clock speed

Last edited:

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Jack said:
On August 31, an AMD FX processor achieved a Guiness World Record with a frequency of 8.429GHz, a stunning result for a modern, multi-core processor. The record was achieved with several days of preparation and an amazing and inspired run in front of world renowned technology press in Austin, Texas.
Uploaded by AMDUnprocessed on Sep 12, 2011

Read : AMD spills secret to World Record clock speed

8 x 3.7GHz is more than enough (I think at least) and 80W as max ... that's good

It's really amazing to see such OC. 32nm makes that possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see the bulldozer at 5GHz stable through air cooling

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
I love AMD guys!..........

But unfortunately my PC came with intel core i7 LOL!, but i use ATI raedon card.....

And don't forget about the new bulldozer and APU chips which may actually beat Intel performance..............

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Lindows said:
I love AMD guys!..........

But unfortunately my PC came with intel core i7 LOL!, but i use ATI raedon card.....

And don't forget about the new bulldozer and APU chips which may actually beat Intel performance..............

Compared to which i7?

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
If the i7 2600K wasn't hardware locked at 5ghz I'm sure you could overclock it just as high with liquid helium lol the only difference is that the AMDs aren't locked.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Hungry Man said:
If the i7 2600K wasn't hardware locked at 5ghz I'm sure you could overclock it just as high with liquid helium lol the only difference is that the AMDs aren't locked.

I am sure it would be able to reach more than 5GHz. I would be more interested of know what speed it runs stable; not may will OC their cpu to 6 or 7GHz

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
The AMD Phenom X2 CPU's are cheaper than intel which gives almost the same performance as i7 in most of the cases......

You can buy better video cards for the saved money..........

Dont forget AMD APU's and bulldozer CPU's are on the rise.........

They may actually beat intel......

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Lindows said:
The AMD Phenom X2 CPU's are cheaper than intel which gives almost the same performance as i7 in most of the cases......

You can buy better video cards for the saved money..........

Dont forget AMD APU's and bulldozer CPU's are on the rise.........

They may actually beat intel......

my i7-2630 is performing better than phenom II x6 1055T (cpubenchmark) so no i7 loses to a phenom X2.

They are cheaper more than enough for office work and surf. Gaming is something else or other heavy application.

Bulldozer is something that will reach other level.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
this is manage through only having one cpu module active so I would like to see how much oc it can be with all cpu modules active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.