Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First you need to enable UAC to at least default.
You need to consider some type of system and data backup solution such as those free options already suggested.
CCleaner is more than enough I would consider replacing AVG PC Tuneup with CCleaner at some point in time.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows OS

Are you aware of the Risks and Limitations to Windows 10, once you have disabled User Access Control?
By HTG: Why You Shouldn’t Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

TechNet - What's New for UAC in Window 10: User Account Control (Windows 10)
"User Account Control (UAC) is a fundamental component of Microsoft's overall security vision. UAC helps mitigate the impact of malware."

Protection

Emsisoft offer complete protection with Emsisoft Internet Security. If you are interested you can Upgrade - this will disable and replace Windows Firewall with their own.

Backup/Restore

When you backup your data, do you store it online, offline or both? In case of emergency, have you attempted to restore your data and how easy and successful was the process?

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Windows OS

Are you aware of the Risks and Limitations to Windows 10, once you have disabled User Access Control?
By HTG: Why You Shouldn’t Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

TechNet - What's New for UAC in Window 10: User Account Control (Windows 10)
"User Account Control (UAC) is a fundamental component of Microsoft's overall security vision. UAC helps mitigate the impact of malware."

Protection

Emsisoft offer complete protection with Emsisoft Internet Security. If you are interested you can Upgrade - this will disable and replace Windows Firewall with their own.

Backup/Restore

When you backup your data, do you store it online, offline or both? In case of emergency, have you attempted to restore your data and how easy and successful was the process?
I store my backup offline on DVD
And i never had to use it:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi! All great additions are already discussed above.
I would suggest adding 'Bitdefender TrafficLight' to Firefox for some more browsing protection over uBlock.

Lastly, you can set OS Updates to automatic (for automatic bug, vulnerabilities fixing etc.) or keep checking for updates regularly.

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Why did you chose to disable UAC prior to suggestions? How is your current experience with UAC enabled?
I tought it should be boring because i install many software
And now i have changed it to default and understand that it is cool:)

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.