Computer specs
Lenovo ideapad 530S
Intel Core i7 8550U
Nvidia MX150
DDR4 8GB
SSD 256GB
Notable changes
29/01/2020: Replaced Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Kaspersky Internet Security

Replaced Chrome with new chromium based Microsoft Edge the day the stable version was released!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@amir 957:
  • You may change UAC to maximum.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: MalWareBytes Free, EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit and HitManPro Free. Currently ZAM3 is not that good as it was in the past...
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add uBlock Origin or AdGuard AdBlocker extension to Your browsers.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
@amir 957:
  • You may change UAC to maximum.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: MalWareBytes Free, EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit and HitManPro Free. Currently ZAM3 is not that good as it was in the past...
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add uBlock Origin or AdGuard AdBlocker extension to Your browsers.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:
Nice suggestions, thank you!

TRS-80

Level 1
Aug 16, 2019
@amir 957

You may want to investigate larger external drives. I'm located in Australia and, I've seen 4TB external drives around the place for about $140.

I generally split the drive into a couple of partitions, sometimes more. I keep full system images in one partition and use the other for other storage.

Nice setup with your machine!

Cheers,

@TRS-80 (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.