Among the two Anti Virus, which is better ? (Avira Free Vs FortiClient 5.4)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
What is this 2 settings?

Clipboard01.jpg

Reactions: kev216

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Both offer different options to user.
Forti comes with a VPN service option which is interesting but not really needed there.

Avira, known for its signatures. A few short comings on the actual free model but nothing to major.

Used both and my only answer is: try both for 30 days to see which one you prefer, because I personally would not use either one long term.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes to the maturity of protection capabilities then no need to expand the explanation for Avira Free.

Meanwhile Forticlient even though its been around from many years, its been totally well rounded security product + commonly use on business firms. Web Blocking indeed is good and accurate at all but in the trends may leave behind by other competitors.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
My vote goes to avira. I tested it and it did a really Good result at blocking malware. Execellent cloud and excellent the feature to upload unknown files. Avira has some kind of heuristics in the cloud

Reactions: CySecy825

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.