Android: Google removes 13 malwares from Play Store!

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Android at risk, 13 applications containing malware have just been removed from the Play Store.

The ease with which you can publish your own Android application using the Play Store, he favors no doubt the possibility of malware we introduce in our smartphone.

Under guidance of the company LookOut, an expert in cyber security, Big G has performed detailed analyses, which have led to disturbing results.

Brain Test, dangerous security app developers team, came back to visit Play Store with a series of games for Android.
Android, removed 13 malware applications from the Store

Malware removed applications are around 13 and belong to the same developer: Brain Train.

Many of these Android apps have high ratings and a large number of downloads. Moreover, it is more or less elementary games created to entertain children.

Great broadcast this content has disquieted Google, which suffered further removed all contents of Brain Test. On December 29 in fact, LookOut said that the results of the investigations have led to a general cleaning.

However, deleting applications from the Play Store is not the definitive solution of the problem. Unfortunately, malware sneak into the system and in some cases also withstand total data recovery.

Thank you all for reading ;)

Source: Android: Google rimuove 13 malware dal Play Store - Tecnoandroid.it

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Last edited:

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
There has been malware on the google market for at least 6 or 7 years! I told google about it about 7 years ago. When I came across some linux malware in an app. I've been a developer for android for many years. Nothing new google doesnt scan the market at all ever! You report the app and if and only if they find something they'll remove it. It's just like the chrome store full of malware! Can't trust google when it comes to malware at all! And now with android malware becoming more complex: I'd imagine there are hundreds of apps with malware in them. A big thing has been to utilize ads within the app to deliver payloads.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I think google should check itself before uploading the application on play store. These are the only thirteen, I don't know how many are there like these on the play store.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
L

LabZero

Create an app that reads all content is very easy and without that it is defined malware. Who knows how many there are in a store.
For example, if you accept an app with read permission in your address book or your multimedia files while it is running could easily send to a server this information without noticing. Generates data traffic only, but who cares how many Mb generates every single app ? Send the phonebook or perhaps multimedia file names would be almost without suspicion.
So one solution at the moment is that to increase the detail of permits that apps require at installation.
For example if I install a game (assuming that It has passed the Google censorship) and it asks for access to address book, obviously something is suspicious...

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Create an app that reads all content is very easy and without that it is defined malware. Who knows how many there are in a store.
For example, if you accept an app with read permission in your address book or your multimedia files while it is running could easily send to a server this information without noticing. Generates data traffic only, but who cares how many Mb generates every single app ? Send the phonebook or perhaps multimedia file names would be almost without suspicion.
So one solution at the moment is that to increase the detail of permits that apps require at installation.
For example if I install a game (assuming that It has passed the Google censorship) and it asks for access to address book, obviously something is suspicious...
This exactly why Google should have given users the ability to SELECTIVELY deny any desired permission(s) from any app(s).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@DracusNarcrym: And that's only done on the latest version of Android OS (M), of course old smartphones will never reach that upgrades unless make it through custom ROM. So of course both parties should improve the overall status.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.