• Account Password
  • Malware exposure
    Malware samples are downloaded on a Virtual machine
    Real-time Malware protection
    None
    Periodic scanners
    None
    Browser and Extensions
    Ungoogled-Chromium with extensions : Universal Bypass, WebRTC Control, Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, I don't care about cookies, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Buster and Dark Reader.

Tor with no extensions at all.
    Privacy tools and VPN
    Browser extensions : Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Decentraleyes, WebRTC Control.
    Password manager
    None
    Search engine
    DuckDuckGo
    Maintenance tools
    None
    Photos and Documents backup
    None
    Data Backup Schedule
    No data backups
    Backup and Restore
    None
    Backup Schedule
    No system backups
    Computer Activity
  • Playing computer games
  • Browsing the web and checking emails
  • Testing security software using malware samples
  • Learning computer languages or creating apps
  • Computer Specifications
    Custom built Desktop PC :
    CPU : Intel Pentium G3258 @ 3.20 GHz
    GPU : Integrated into CPU
    RAM : 6GB DDR3
    Storage : 1TB Samsung HDD at 7200 RPM
    PSU : Antec High Current Gamer at 400W
    Your changelog
    Replaced uBlock Origin with Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
    Staff notes

This setup configuration doesn't have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
    Verified
    (y);)
    Linux users are vulnerable to Phishing.
    Ungoogled-Chromium does not have Google Safe Browsing.
    In my opinion you should as a precaution at least enter a valid DNS for Phishing, and adopt, if you have not already done so some list in UBO specific for Phishing.

You use WebRTC Control.
    I would be curious to know how Ungoogled-Chromium behaves for WebGL, Canvas test .... etc ..... etc
    Thanks so much.

LDogg

Level 31
    Verified
    (y);)
    Linux users are vulnerable to Phishing.
    Ungoogled-Chromium does not have Google Safe Browsing.
    In my opinion you should as a precaution at least enter a valid DNS for Phishing, and adopt, if you have not already done so some list in UBO specific for Phishing.
    For phishing, I would suggest Netcraft, even in tests now, it's simply THE best extension out there to stop phishing sites. Some filterlists for adblockers that are solely designed for phishing do not hold their weight compared to Netcraft.

~LDogg

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
    Verified
    For phishing, I would suggest Netcraft, even in tests now, it's simply THE best extension out there to stop phishing sites. Some filterlists for adblockers that are solely designed for phishing do not hold their weight compared to Netcraft.

~LDogg
    Netcraft is good.(y):)

Even my New Moon like Ungoogled-Chromium does not have Google Safe Browsing.
    However, I prefer to use equally valid alternatives compared to the extension you mention.

harlan4096

Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    @AnErrupTion:

In Data BackUp, consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.

In System Backup, You may add some cloning disk/image disk tool for Linux.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

AnErrupTion

Level 1
    @AnErrupTion:

In Data BackUp, consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.

In System Backup, You may add some cloning disk/image disk tool for Linux.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)
    I create myself my passwords, they are good (more than 10 characters) and I can remember all of them, so I don't need any password manager.
    For system backup, I don't really care as what I care is my data.
    For data backup, maybe I'll consider getting some external HDD.

Parsh

Level 25
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    Good to see another programmer on Linux :)
    Which firewall do you use... CLI based Iptables?
    Linux is less targeted. However, one should just be careful about the binaries that one downloads and use reputable repositories only. I'm sure you are aware of that.

Linux usually doesn't call for an antivirus... so maybe a reputable browser plugin with huge a db and that also has a linux antivirus counterpart, to block malicious sites and repos will be a good supplement.
    Have you tried AppArmor (if you're looking for something advanced)? Just curious.

AnErrupTion

Level 1
    Good to see another programmer on Linux :)
    Which firewall do you use... CLI based Iptables?
    Linux is less targeted. However, one should just be careful about the binaries that one downloads and use reputable repositories only. I'm sure you are aware of that.

Linux usually doesn't call for an antivirus... so maybe a reputable browser plugin with huge a db and that also has a linux antivirus counterpart, to block malicious sites and repos will be a good supplement.
    Have you tried AppArmor (if you're looking for something advanced)? Just curious.
    I'm using Ubuntu's default firewall, and no I haven't tried AppArmor.
    Also, Avast is and will always be s****, always remember that. Even when I was on Windows before switching to Linux, I had no antivirus and everything was fine.