Announcing public preview of Windows 10 IoT Core on NXP SoCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016

Earlier this year, Microsoft and NXP announced a private preview of Windows 10 IoT Core on NXP i.MX6 and i.MX7 applications processor families. Hundreds of participants expressed their interest in the combination of 10 years of Windows security updates and the flexibility and reliability of NXP silicon.

During the preview, Microsoft and NXP engineers spent thousands of hours tuning and improving the board support package (BSP) based on input from the hundreds of commercial customers evaluating the solution. We worked with customers interested in modernizing legacy industrial controllers, developing new cloud-connected building automation solutions, and gateways with class-leading security such as trusted I/O.

Interest in the private preview exceeded the capacity of the program, so today we are announcing the promotion of the i.MX6 and i.MX7 BSP to a non-commercial public preview. Because of the long history Microsoft and NXP have in the embedded and IoT markets, we understand the need for design flexibility. Therefore, in addition to the multiple single-board computers and system-on-module solutions Microsoft, NXP and our hardware partners have enabled, the i.MX 6 and i.MX 7 BSP is provided under open source licensing. Now, everyone will be able to access the complete BSP content for the i.MX6 and i.MX7 product families for evaluation use on their hardware along with the October 2018 release of Windows 10 IoT Core. To get started, please go to Windows IoT and NXP i.MX - Windows IoT. We are excited to see what you will make.

A public preview for the i.MX 8M family and a commercial release of the i.MX 6 and i.MX 7 BSP will be available in the future.

The post Announcing public preview of Windows 10 IoT Core on NXP SoCs appeared first on Windows Experience Blog.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.