Feb 14, 2016

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
if this means the beginning of the end.
Who knows. time will tell. i always had a feeling Webroot would not stand forever. its like the programm dosnt envolve over the last years like the competitors. its the same gui like 5? years ago(windows app), same methode to detect malware since years, nothing inovative. They just fall behind where others steeps ahead.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Not a good sign, especially with the abrupt ending of Mobile. Probably end of life for all of Webroot!

One can only hope.

There is probably not a worse AV that has fooled so many into believing that it is good.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Carbonite is slowly going to dismember Webroot. The value of their purchase was in some of the technologies and infrastructure, and not the product name, product portfolio or talent. So expect more liquidations going forward and likely, the end of Webroot.

Thankfully I guess, as the kool aid dream will finally end.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Who knows. time will tell. i always had a feeling Webroot would not stand forever. its like the programm dosnt envolve over the last years like the competitors. its the same gui like 5? years ago(windows app), same methode to detect malware since years, nothing inovative. They just fall behind where others steeps ahead.
An example is how they just recently decided to develop their own anti-exploit and script protection feature something other vendors have more or less already had.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Carbonite is slowly going to dismember Webroot. The value of their purchase was in some of the technologies and infrastructure, and not the product name, product portfolio or talent. So expect more liquidations going forward and likely, the end of Webroot.

Thankfully I guess, as the kool aid dream will finally end.

No Sly...... the Green Kool-Aid Dream is Over!? Say it isn't so.

I'm a gonna cry me some big 'ole green Kool-Aid crocodile tears.

There might be a suicide watch over at Wilders Kool-Aidville.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All these comments are overly dramatic, or false.

After every acquisition there are bound to be end of service for some products. It just happens.
At times, we are required to discontinue certain products and introduce others with greater market relevance.

We continue to see fragmentation in the mobile management market among key technologies such as device management, malware protection, application management, containment, and others. These technologies are better aligned to a corporate enterprise market, and we have determined Webroot Business Mobile Protection no longer serves market needs.
Source

Reactions: JB007 and oldschool

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
All these comments are overly dramatic, or false.
After every acquisition there are bound to be end of service for some products. It just happens.
Source

Of course you are probably right.

But... for the three mods at the link you posted... for them, the sky is falling. It's coming apart.... The ship is sinking..... Ahhhhhh.....

Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.