InnoScorpio's LG K20 Plus 2018

Phone brand
LG
Phone model
K20 Plus
Phone unlock
Security & Privacy Apps
Antiy AVL Pro (with System Detection plugin app and Adware Detection enabled)
Browser
Bromite (default), Firefox, Yandex, Orfox

InnoScorpio

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 9, 2018
Hi everyone, this is my secure config for my LG K20 Plus. My LG K20 Plus is not rooted. I also download apps outside of the Google Play Store. I previously used Avast, Sophos, and NetQin in the past. Avast, made changes to their antivirus engine that has reduce the quality of its signatures. I tested Avast against some fake antivirus apps and Avast could not a detect any of them excluding Antiy. Sophos low reputation detection gives uncertainly on whether an unknown app is malware. NetQin was one of the first antivirus apps for Android. I discontinue using NetQin for better choices. Back in 2014, I installed Antiy on my Android tablet I previously owned. After trying so many antivirus scanners, Antiy was the only app to detect files that were classified as riskware in the system partition. My former Android tablet was compromised with a custom OS that had firmware with malicious code. Luckly, Antiy was the only app that was able to detect the riskware. I do not know how the attacker was able to successfully conduct this attack and I am still researching about it. The attack is probably done through some kind of manufacturer lock screen or recovery backdoor that can bypass Android encryption, secure method of lockscreen, or something that digital forensic technicians might be aware of. Antiy System Detection app and VirusTotal Uploader can still be found on Aptoide.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.