Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
any change for security app i can also add Sandbox and shadow defender

also need recommendation for backup solution and restore and snap it as i use now backup and windows restore

i have this

1- O&O DiskImage 11
2- Genie Timeline home 2016
3- RollBack Rx Professional

4- backup4all Professional

also if better not in the list i try to get it

also alternative of Kerish Doctor as if i use it first time it update and fix usb and lose my Genius Wizard Stick

if i find solution to keep usb driver as it and exclude it from kerish i will use kerish
is winutilities pro is good like kerish doctor ( i have 1 yr license not use it yet)

also any recommendation for any additional app

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
you can ad privacybadger to your browser. switch your search engine to startpage.com or duckduckgo for more privacy. out of the backup solutions use diskimage for your regular backups and rollback rx for system wide backups. winutillities pro is NOT as good as kerish doctor , in fact is mediocre. thanks for sharing your config with us! ;)

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
About the backup up, I don't know it, i will research it.
In the past I used Aomei, later I switched to Macrium because I found it more useful for me.
You may want try if you like.
There is also a free version. :)
Nice configuration.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
There is no SmartScreen technology in W7, I guess since W8+...

Please kindly consider the already mentioned suggestions:

1.- Add a 3rd party backup solution: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper and schedule to weekly.
2.- Why OS Security Updates is disabled?

I will tagged the config as Caution for now, thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable OS Security updates.At least important security updates to Download but do not install.
You could use HitmanPro as an additional on demand scanner as you are covered with EIS & VS in real time.
Consider a 3rd party system backup solution and backup important data to an external drive also.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
you can ad privacybadger to your browser. switch your search engine to startpage.com or duckduckgo for more privacy. out of the backup solutions use diskimage for your regular backups and rollback rx for system wide backups. winutillities pro is NOT as good as kerish doctor , in fact is mediocre. thanks for sharing your config with us! ;)
i use them when i need privacy also with VPN when need

as i mention if i use kerish doctor for first time it update usb driver and lose my Genius Wizard Stick which i like to use with wii games on pc

also windows update if i update windows same problem so if anyone know solution or alternative windows update and solve kerish doctor
i will be happy

i can not use windows 8 or 10 for the same reason

i google a lot and ask many till now no solution

I don't think disabling OS updates is a good idea, at least you should manually update time after time.

as mention problem with Genius Wizard Stick

Reactions: Daljeet and frogboy

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Enable OS Security updates.At least important security updates to Download but do not install.
You could use HitmanPro as an additional on demand scanner as you are covered with EIS & VS in real time.
Consider a 3rd party system backup solution and backup important data to an external drive also.
i do that HitmanPro scheduler scan and realtime
i do manual backup
i want to use rollback rx as i just got it from this lovely forum but i read bad feed back about it
when make image with Macrium Reflect or other backup

so what is your advice

Reactions: Daljeet

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Turn on smartscreen.
What he said ;)......

....And what he said :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
OS Security Updates disabled? Why?

Add Disconnect.

Thanks for sharing.
as mention i will lost my joystick working

if i update windows offline what is the best gaber app for windows update

i tried some but not good

What he said ;)......

as i know windows 7 has not smartscreen.
where is it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.