Anti-Virus Firm BitDefender Admits Breach, Hacker Claims Stolen Passwords Are Unencrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
My opinion all companies have issues.

A few days ago i read 2 threads one about Kaspersky and the other one was for Eset.

About Kaspersky if i remember correctly there was a rumor that there servers were hacked:cool: but Kaspersky denied it.

And Eset i think i saw a video that Eset was uninstalled by a malware while self defence was active:cool:.
What i want to say is that all companies face some problems but this doesn't mean that they provide us with bad software. Just my opinion;)
or same as Qihoo cheating :D

Reactions: tonibalas

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
untill now i see Emsisoft better do than another one...:D

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
At the moment yes Emsisoft has no problems
but i haven't heard anything for AVG or Avira and some others which is good;)

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
The problem here isn't the fact that they were hacked, the problem is the lack of protection on the data they store (keeping data not encrypted).
Avast, Symantec, Eset, Kaspersky and many others players were hacked in the past; the problem is the unecrypted passwords claim, it is extreme bad :eek:
read my last cm :D

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Avasts forum got hacked :)

Avast itself was attacked but they noticed it and reacted.
i think just a few company stay safe or do't have big problem same as Emsisoft :D
go with australian security :D

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
If we're being honest here. I only have faith in my ability to secure my computer. Not a single vendor I'm head over heels for. As for Bitdefender... if you can't secure your own servers, you can't secure your customers computers. And unencrypted passwords is a bit strange... This is why it's a good idea to use different passwords for every site.

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
It's another thing to hack a page and another one to hack servers or shutdown a security software
yes i know.i do't comparison these companies :D
You do know defacing a website, has no reflection on the quality of the software.
yes i know its :), but its funny for a security company same as them to got hacked by unknown and weak hacker :D
see: a group of young terrorrist attack to a police department (by baton :D ) and annex them :p

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Not with Australian, with Austrian security.

But officially its now located in New Zealand since Christian Mairoll moved there.
you are right.
my mean is Austian but now they are in New Zealand and this country is a part (very very relation between these country) i said New Zelan=Austrsila :D
u go with russian or ? :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You know the latest techniques to avoid website infiltration can be never prevented, here's always a catch.

1) The more traffic from a certain website, then a new invitation for hackers to analyse any holes as for sure money will be purchase for such expense for adjustment.

2) We all know that hackers can take much more time to conduct an attack without any problems, and the problem as always is due to password that can be primarily weak.

So products and a website have two different things, and its better been hacked since there's a recognition to improve more on the security. Sometimes debugging from simulation test are inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.