Not open for further replies.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I guess the winner of this battle must be Emsisoft since it is much much more popular here than the other three.:D

I think the advantages of F-Secure and G-Data over Emsisoft are:
  • They use heuristics in detection. (But "detection" might be viewed as useless by advanced users.:D)
  • They could repair some of the infected files, while Emsisoft could only delete or quarantine them.(But I also agree with @Umbra that Prevention is more important than Repairment.:))
  • G-Data has the capability of roll-back.
I know nothing about Vipre...

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Having only experienced Emsisoft I.S. from the wisdom & recommendations of those far more knowledgeable than myself, I chose to join the "mob of the educated" by trying it out (actually my wife gave it a spin) and before the 30 day trial was done, it was replaced by another excellent suite, ESET Smart Security (not in contention here).:rolleyes: Even so, @user102, if you are considering finding which of the above mentioned products would be most preferable with your own unique circumstance and system efficiency, there is nothing quite as revealing as a hands on test run. Therefore, before investing money & (more importantly) your vested faith, perhaps choosing the one you'd most like to install for a trial run would not only be revealing, it might be both exciting and fun!:D

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Having only experienced Emsisoft I.S. from the wisdom & recommendations of those far more knowledgeable than myself, I chose to join the "mob of the educated" by trying it out (actually my wife gave it a spin) and before the 30 day trial was done, it was replaced by another excellent suite, ESET Smart Security (not in contention here).:rolleyes: Even so, @user 102, if you are considering finding which of the above mentioned products would be most preferable with your own unique circumstance and system efficiency, there is nothing quite as revealing as a hands on test run. Therefore, before investing money & (more importantly) your vested faith, perhaps choosing the one you'd most like to install for a trial run would not only be revealing, it might be both exciting and fun!:D

Some people like me that are low blood pressure don't like to went through pain install and uninstall antivirus. But your point of view is true.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Some people like me that are low blood pressure don't like to went through pain install and uninstall antivirus. But your point of view is true.
I have been among some of the people like you, and wish you the smoothest transition with absolutely no pain or frustration.:) If you find yourself gravitating toward Emsisoft I.S. or F-Secure Safe, and would be interested in a key for either,o_O send me a PM.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I have been among some of the people like you, and wish you the smoothest transition with absolutely no pain or frustration.:) If you find yourself gravitating toward Emsisoft I.S. or F-Secure Safe, and would be interested in a key for either,o_O send me a PM.;)

Wait wait wait, you're willing to give me full 1 year F-Secure Safe key if i want to try it out?! I will love you(no homo) if you do.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
When it comes to stopping the most threats, my vote goes to Emsisoft. In my testing it did well every time, it does not only stop a lot with the BD signatures, but the behavior blocker is also very good. I've never used GDATA, but it also uses the bitdefender engine if i'm right, so it should be not that bad. I also don't have experience with F-secure. Speaking of Vipre, it has more than decent signatures and the Hips module also blocks some bad things. It is not that bad compared to for example Emsisoft, but in some tests it does impressively well and in other it fails a bit, but overall it is a very good product, even it is not so a big name compared to the other three.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Wait wait wait, you're willing to give me full 1 year F-Secure Safe key if i want to try it out?! I will love you(no homo) if you do.
Yes, ..& MalwareTips is a very loving community (no misunderstanding taken here, lol!:D).
Now, if you're not yet certain how well you might like it, or how it may interact with your system,o_O you might opt to try it for six months first.

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.