Antivirus firms start flagging spyware installed by Chinese border control

L

Local Host

That is money extortion and it's illegal.

It seems to me that you're the one that doesn't know the law - just as bad as the company you blackmailed.
I haven't blackmailed anyone, you that don't seem to know the law. You even find hard to believe I have the right to a refund, Guarantees: repairs, replacements, refunds
In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.
But according to you I was blackmailing a company for asking about my rights and using them (that type of mentality is normal in a country ruled by corporations, where the costumers only have the right to bend over), when they were in clear breach of the EU law. If you think to claim this doesn't cover goods I already got, here,
The cooling off period expires 14 days after the day you received your goods.
This is kinda off topic, but the concept applies to privacy laws, in the EU you don't bend over to corporations the same way you do in USA (here we have rights and laws that help protect us, is up to us to use them properly to make those corporations bend over instead).

PS: I would also like to apologize if I offended you in anyway, I just don't tolerate the way USA does things (I wish you guys had more rights and laws balanced towards the end user, instead of corporations).

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019
I haven't blackmailed anyone, you that don't seem to know the law. You even find hard to believe I have the right to a refund, Guarantees: repairs, replacements, refunds
What's this then?

If you need an example not long ago, I bought a product online that was defective and according to the store EULA I don't have the right to a refund unless I use buyer protection. But according to the EU law I had the right to the refund (regardless of reason) the first 14 days after getting the item.

If you can't guess what happened there, I got my full refund and even a voucher (only someone who doesn't know the law and lets themselves get exploited that are fooled), the company in question had the right to ban my account due to me not agreeing to the EULA, but then I would report it to the authorities since they in breach of EU law.

If you threatened them into giving you a refund then that is extortion.

You might be entitled to a refund but threatening people into giving you a refund is still illegal. If they do not hold their end of the law, you can just report them, there's no need to threaten them into giving you a refund (which would be illegal).

It's possible there's been a communication misunderstanding but the way you worded it sounds to me that you pressured them into giving you a refund by claiming you would do X, Y or Z.

You can request the lawfully-entitled refund but what you cannot do is try and threaten them in order to get the refund if they refuse - the legal option you have would be to just take action against them if they unlawfully refuse the refund, in which case they would likely give in immediately after a lawyer contacts them on your behalf.

But according to you I was blackmailing a company for asking about my rights and using them (that type of mentality is normal in a country ruled by corporations, where the costumers only have the right to bend over), when they were in clear breach of the EU law. If you think to claim this doesn't cover goods I already got, here,
PS: I would also like to apologize if I offended you in anyway, I just don't tolerate the way USA does things (I wish you guys had more rights and laws balanced towards the end user, instead of corporations).
If you're under the impression that I live in the U.S, you're under the wrong impression. I do not live in the U.S and have never lived in the U.S, nor will I ever live in the U.S.

I am an EU citizen and have been for my entire life.

I was under the impression that YOU were a U.S citizen. If this is not the case then I have assumed where you are situated. If you're in the EU, then GDPR is eligible for you. If you're not in the EU, then GDPR does not have to be followed for any non-EU consumers, even if the company is compliant with GDPR. They only have to enforce it for EU customers. Anything else is optional from them.

Once again, going back to the original topic, the countries in the EU perform surveillance to gather intelligence the same way the U.S and all the other resourceful countries do. Furthermore, countries like the UK are allies with the U.S and thus share intelligence with one another (and Royal Marines and U.S marines actually work together in foreign countries when stationed in places like Afghanistan and Iran).

Last edited:
L

Local Host

@Veloce I didn't do any threat whasoever, formal complaints are not blackmail and can/should be used before making a report to the authorities, plus EU laws don't apply to EU citizens, they apply to EU residents.

If you move to a country outside EU, it doesn't matter if you're a EU citizen, you won't be protected by GDPR whasoever, same applies when a non EU citizen moves to EU he is protected by GDPR.

Surveillance by EU doesn't worry me whasoever, they not paranoid like USA, not to mention as I said before the laws (you only abused by corporations if you let them).

Jun 26, 2019
@Veloce I didn't do any threat whasoever, formal complaints are not blackmail and can/should be used before making a report to the authorities, plus EU laws don't apply to EU citizens, they apply to EU residents.
Money extortionist detected! Money extortionist ! :ROFLMAO:

It's a communication misunderstanding. I thought you were saying that you were threatening corporations in order to get what you wanted. A formal complaint is different to threatening or pressuring a corporation. I apologize.

You're correct about the EU citizen thing. Although, what you're referring to is what I am also referring to. A misunderstanding.

In layman's terms, we both misunderstood each other and got off on the wrong foot. Non problemo, mi dispiaci!

Welcome to the EU.

If you're in the UK, copyright trolls aren't allowed, so have fun. ;)

Reactions: Local Host

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
As always USA is run by and for the corporations, the citizens come second with no rights.

Here are the true heroes of capitalism. I think once we look through all the noise of media, we see people really do strive to live simple lives, as I do:

Minus maybe Zuckerburg haha. I'm still on the fence about him.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.