Battle Antivirus for ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall?

BugCode

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Howdy masters!

Well, change after change about security conficurations day after day, testing,testing, :lol:

Now i was looking some 3party firewall and i was goto "oldschool-back to the roots" site zonealarm!!! Like kerio,jetico etc... well, i was thinkig about download free version but, wow!!! when i was press the download buttos site says you got a was it 75% discount!

So i decided bought zonealarm pro firewall 1 year, it was a 8,95 EUR! Not much. Well i give you guys & girl link the site if someone is interesting testing oldschool firewall with cheap price, there it was/is => ZoneAlarm Free Firewall - Personal Computer Firewall Software and when press the download button popup window says HEY DUDE! Look at that price, hope it work with you also, no that i expecting much but that is so back to the root firewall :d .

So my question is, what and i mean nothing but antivirus not included firewall, because they say in support chat that there is lot of problems those., so ive been thinkin 3 antivirus top notch, well just thinkin and i want your suggestion also.

My choise is:
1: Avira
2: Avast
3: Bitdefender
4: <= There you could say ur suggestion your opinion what it could be. (i hope lot of suggestions.)

So pls give me your thoughts and i will pick that what get most vote :) with the zonealarm.

Thank you!

- "Semi-paranoid" BugCode

ZoneAlarm uses the Kaspersky AV drivers and scan engine. A lot of other AVs will detect it and might refuse to install - or if they do install - might cause BSOD. It is just not a good idea - proven over time - to combo Kaspersky AV drivers with any others.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Last edited by a moderator:

BugCode

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
WoW! Dudes, alot off wroting :p Very nice info and own statement of all the who has participate this thread, thank you all.

Yes, i have semi-level knowledge about this things and everyday i learn something new, what is cool! Well, yes i have discuss some ZA dude in live chat before i bought that and yes there was alot of talking compatibility issues other than windos defender, but just mention, try and you'll see, :lol:

I have many AV, Security suite's bought and free so i have tools with a play in my VM :d That was nice info for Lockdown, that it uses kaspersky drives,,,well i do own KIS 2017 also. Just mentioin now that this is not or why not, my future longtime decision, but just testing and i have good memories a long time ago with Zone. And maybe i ask they support change their ówn what included AV as davisd here up told, so no compatiliity issues then :)

Interesting, is it some kaspersky things their AV engine also, maybe. What i read their site it it lightweight and cloud based. Yep,yep. I btw bought yesterday BD + of course, because if thing is cheap it must be bought, hehe!

Yeah, let's see what happened, thank you everybody who has been involved this thread. Maybe btw i try that change then there don't have compatilibity issues but i am interesting their AV engine because Zone is "famous" their firewall not AV.

Thank you all, now back to work, have nice day all off you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.