Battle AntiVirus (paid/free) with good zero day capabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
In terms of "zero day" protection, what are people here recommending as being the more effective solutions?
Preferably a solution that doesn't use "hips".

Thanks!

ONT209

Level 1
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
some antivirus uses hybrid detections techniques i.e. integrating HIPS in their other technologies e.g Bitdefender claims using HIPS in the AVC and IDS technologies while Kaspersky claims the Application Control for the same. However to my experience is that Avira and Bitdefender are the best.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Most zero-day malware is distributed by fake alert sites, mistyped urls, spam email, Facebook (other social networks) and IM links.
The best protection is common sense and UAC, never download or run suspicious files.
Most AV's will not protect users who are click happy and reckless.
Either learn or you will get infected with a zero-day malware no matter what AV you choose to use.

Thanks. :D

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You''ll have you to look beyond the traditional Antivirus software, for better zero-day protection. Most zero-day attacks are targeted at large corporations, so as long your PC is patched and secure you should have none/no encounters with zero-day malware.

Alternatively..
Many security products have their interactive modes turned off by default, so you may need to consider using custom settings (as posted above).

S

sinu

As Tiranium AntiVirus, we are working more against zero-days than older malwares.
(100% Free)
I invite you to try our Cloud Scanner before the AntiVirus to see the performances, we hope you like our systems.

Click here to take a look to our Scanner & Repair Tool (multiple files, computer)
Or, click here to take a look to our Online Scanner
As Tiranium AntiVirus, we are working more against zero-days than older malwares.
(100% Free)
I invite you to try our Cloud Scanner before the AntiVirus tofirewa
(100% Free)
I invite you to try our Cloud Scanner before the AntiVirus to see the performances, we hope you like our systems.

Click here to take a look to our Scanner & Repair Tool (multiple files, computer)

he performances, we hope you like our systems.

I have tried titanium free antivirus and I found the following to be fixed
*self protection is not good because the process can be terminated from task manager
*resource usage while scanning is more
*there is no inbound and outbound alerts from firewall
*site is not updating
*give option to delete the detected malware
*start up is slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.