Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
How does Kaspersky Free detect more malware that Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool? :unsure:
KVRT uses ancient engine. Its scanning speed is super super slow compared to kaspersky AV
detection rate is far lower than KFA

Kaspersky Security Scan uses newer engine and the detection rate is comparable to KFA but it doesn't allow removal

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I have no idea, static detection is not important.....:sleep:
you can find a nice robot or lovely umbrella with great detection and has no dynamic detection, and em...if a file not detected by Robotic detection you will sure that you will have infect....:emoji_sob:
and also can find an ancient dinasour with no detection and has strong dynamic detection, you will sure it will keep you safe....(if 1 or million unkown malware...)

Last edited:

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I have no idea, static detection is not important.....:sleep:
you can find a nice robot or lovely umbrella with great detection and has no dynamic detection, and em...if a file not detected by Robotic detection you will sure that you will have infect....:emoji_sob:
and also can find an ancient dinasour with no detection and has strong dynamic detection, you will sure it will keep you safe....(if 1 or million unkown malware...)
I agree, static detection only is not the reason to choose one AV instead of another, but it can give you a hint if you wanna couple the AV with something else.
This guy makes interesting tests and to see a detection rate different from 99 or 100% is something new in security tests ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Static detection = no false positives and great for install and forget setup. Besides, dynamic malware becomes static within 24-48 hours anyway.
I would use forticlient + sh, but cant find any way to remove that forced youtube restriction.

Aswell its kinda stupid to include comodo in this since it will be auto-sandbox> viruscope detects zero days and meanwhile their av is just sleeping

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.