App Review Anvi Smart Defender 2 Pro Test and Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
So, i decided to test this antimalware program. I was pleasently suprised about this program, it worked out very well. System was full of worms :D

Good:
-Nice,easy to use UI
-Light on system
-Blocked all links
-Good detection rate (447/500=89.4%)
-Behaviour blocker is great
Bad:
-High memory usage (160MB)

Overall rating 4.5/5.
I think that Anvi is stealing Malwarebytes signatures (one file was PUP.Optional, only Malwarebytes has like that :confused:) ?!

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Where everyone is going with "stealing" things?
No one can steals and in all case, it's not ours problems, thank you for your review, i have seen that Anvi was very bad in older tests, look like their have improved.
Are your URLs from today?
Are you forced to have an account/subscribe to use the software?

Thanks,

M

MalwareT

Thread author
No one can steals and in all case, it's not ours problems, thank you for your review, i have seen that Anvi was very bad in older tests, look like their have improved.

Thanks,

Yes, those are URLs are from today. It was free version, and if you wanna try Pro you have to get key.

D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author

Thanks,
When you see another vendor with the same detection name for a threat as the other vendor and it looks a bit supicious, then you kind of look into it a bit. By looking at the facts, yes, I agree with @Malware Test and I also think that they are stealing, but at the end of the day, I also think it doesn't really matter too much. It's just a detection name, why care about it? Honestly... But yes, it looks like they are just taking it.

Actually, I would say it is and isn't our problem. It is our problem, because when you use a product, it's nice to know how it works, how it has it's detection it has, whether the detection is good or bad and so on. If it's good, you are then interested in how they even get such a good detection rate. Then again, it isn't our "business", I think is the word you were looking for, to do further investigation, considering Malwarebytes aren't stupid and would notice it anyway.

If Anvi were automatically stealing, as in connecting to the Malwarebytes private database via their application or even manually, OR, connecting to VirusTotal and fishing our the Malwarebytes signatures, then I would care and I think Malwarebytes would be too, but seen as it looks like they are manually going into VirusTotal and taking threat names, it would be fine on a legal matter anyway (as far as im concerned at least).

Thanks! :)

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013

Thanks,
Boy, you're awfully sensitive about the subject of stealing!:rolleyes:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.