Advice Request Any conflicts with Avast Free, VoodoShield and XVirus Firewall as my Protection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anker_by

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
Hello community, i have some question to ask... if i install Avast Free version with voodoo shield and the firewall is Xvirus these three software (special voodoo shield never try with avast AV) can cause conflicts??

any advice is welcome,

Best regards, Anker_by

W

Wave

It should all work fine, since Xvirus products do not interfere with other security products (no device drivers, injection and hooking, etc.). As for VoodoShield, all it does is monitor process execution and send this information back between user-mode processes and the device driver (which receives the process execution requests via a callback notification) for scanning purposes, so it should work fine alongside Avast Free Anti-Virus and Xvirus Firewall.

I recommend you always have an up-to-date system image for backup purposes, regardless, use system restore (make sure it's enabled - vendors like Avast create one automatically for you in the background during the installation progress).

Anker_by

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
Thank you for the information Wave, yea i will do it create image backup!

Reactions: Wave

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Can't see any reason why that combo should give you grief.
The only way to know for sure, though, is to try it out yourself -- and of course, you are more than welcome to report back here, and tell us what went right or wrong.

Reactions: Wave
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.