Advice Request Any discount for Kaspersky Internet Security 2017?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
There are pretty much always legitimate websites with discounts on any of the major paid anti-viruses. It makes sense to go to the developer's website to download the free trial. But when you decide to buy you should with certainty be able to get a lower price than the product's home website. Get out your best search engine.

One other thing to keep in mind is brick-and-mortar stores. Check the prices at your local WalMart or Office Depot, etc.

Reactions: JB007 and Ana_Filiz

Havoc88

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2016
Amazon sends cd as i know which i dont want. "other sites" i dont know who to trust really, all seems legit but most of them are not.

Reactions: JB007

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
I've also purchased a licence key from eBay which did serve me a full year too! The only issue with this is that you must try not keep switching the activation key around between multiple devices as Kaspersky would not assist you in resetting the licence key as it was brought from an unauthorised vendor. The eBay licences tend to be 'shared' between buyers, this isn't an issue for many one device users. Some sellers are quite good say if there's a problem with the key like they will provide a multi device key or give you another licence key etc. Keep an eye on the positive feedback of the seller too! I feel more safer buying from a seller with 100+ stars in comparison to 7.

If you're extremely unsure? I say stick to Amazon.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Obviously you don't want to deal with the "crack" crowd with pirated software. Like Spartacus said you want to pay close attention to what eBay vendor you consider buying from. Otherwise I don't see any problem with illegitimate sellers. Just like a book store or book vendor is always going to be selling for less than the publisher's catalogue or website, legitimate websites are always offering a discount.

In the case of Kaspersky, I see it on giveaway all the time, and Bitdefender as well. However I'm not sure if I've seen 2017 on giveaway yet as opposed to the 2016 edition. But if you acquire the 2016 now, might they not upgrade you to 2017?

Reactions: JB007

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Kaspersky allows you to upgrade to upgrade to newer editions up to three years. So 2016 is valid for 2017/2018/2019.

In view of that, Havoc, I'd start looking for a giveaway. You won't see all the Kaspersky giveaways on Malware Tips because MT is very picky about what sites it allows giveaways to be posted from. But I've dealt with a number of sites that didn't make their cut and had no problems. I got a Kaspersky giveaway for my next computer on Fry's. The giveaway was in the form of a rebate, and I got my check from Kaspersky. It's a download rather than a DVD. Fry's is especially likely to do giveaways of Kaspersky and other bigshot AVs at Black Friday time and Christmas time. But Kaspersky giveaways appear often elsewhere as well.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Kaspersky vietnam only sales KIS key for 300.000VND = ~$13.5 = ~£10.3 (1 year/1 device)

Go to kaspersky.com -> select Viet Nam -> it will lead you to Kaspersky.com.vn (just to show you this is the official website, not fake)
also an authorized partner of kaspersky is kaspersky.nts.com.vn (this is the original website, this company owns kaspersky.com.vn)
you can use google translate understand and try contact them in english via email and maybe they will help you to buy a license

In VN, I can buy a key from an unauthorized seller for ~$6 :)

Last edited:

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Kaspersky vietnam only sales KIS key for 300.000VND = ~$13.5 = ~£10.3 (1 year/1 device)

Go to kaspersky.com -> select Viet Nam -> it will lead you to Kaspersky.com.vn (just to show you this is the official website, not fake)
also an authorized partner of kaspersky is kaspersky.nts.com.vn (this is the original website, this company owns kaspersky.com.vn)
you can use google translate understand and try contact them in english via email and maybe they will help you to buy a license

In VN, I can buy a key from an unauthorized seller for ~$6 :)

Would that licence only be valid for use in Vietnam? Or would it be for global use. The licence I purchased, from Amazon was for Europe only and the one I purchased on eBay was a global licence.

Reactions: JB007 and Logethica

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
Would that licence only be valid for use in Vietnam? Or would it be for global use. The licence I purchased, from Amazon was for Europe only and the one I purchased on eBay was a global licence.
You will need a VPN in the SE asia region. Use that, activate and Kaspersky won't bother you again. The cheapest is India. USD7 for like 3 license but usually requires an india address.
So if you have someone staying in india, ask them buy for you and pay them, get a VPN with india IP address, activate it and you are good to go.

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
Computeractive Software Store - Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 [1-DEVICE] - 58% off RRP

Select $ to currency and you will get it for about 20 bucks. Plus, for free you`ll get O&O DiskImage 9. It is for UK/EU users but with VPN you can activate it elsewhere.
This is a legitimate site, I was buying from them.
Still too expensive.

This was the listing, I had it bookmarked. This is the seller I purchased my KIS key from, I got it for around £7 but still at £8.99 it's very reasonable!
In another forum, some guy shared with me that buying kaspersky from india for 1 user cost like USD7 on Amazon india/flipkart. Now that's cheap. The above is still expensive for me.
KIS 2016 1 user
http://www.amazon.in/Kaspersky-Inte...3-3721223?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XQ3V5TFVRV5QGSMPVE2

KIS 2016 3 user
http://www.amazon.in/Kaspersky-Inte...=kaspersky+internet+security+2016+3+pc+1+year

Last edited:

Havoc88

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2016
here is a deal on
Kaspersky Total Security 3 Devices 1 Year - Download
$14.95
Promo code : EMCEMHE83
Expires 9/5/16

Kaspersky Total Security 3 Devices 1 Year - Download - Newegg.com

Great deal but when i login to paypal it returns me back to newegg and asking me to login, i login and i get:

We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now.

We encourage you to try again if you feel this message was prompted in error.

To opt for another payment method and proceed with checkout, Click here.

EDIT:

I contacted newegg chat support and they said to use this promo code i need to be subscribed to newsletter and wait 24 hours and then use code, i will check tommorow can i buy it after 24hours. I will post details tommorow is it work or not.

Last edited:

Havoc88

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2016
Still same msg, yesterday guy told me 24 hours, now on live chat guy said up to 48 hours. He said i would be able to buy it tommorow.

O

Omnipotent

The safest way would be to contact Kaspersky directly, I'm sure they would provide you with a small discount, seeing that you're interested in their product. Alternatively you could search around for discount codes on Google, etc.

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
The safest way would be to contact Kaspersky directly, I'm sure they would provide you with a small discount, seeing that you're interested in their product. Alternatively you could search around for discount codes on Google, etc.
Buying directly from Kaspersky is a big no-no because you definitely will end up payng more to Kaspersky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.