Any Guides you know how to make your windows 7 looks windows 8?

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
I don't know others but some people really don't like windows 8 or 8.1 looks but for me its kinda cool. But windows 8 is kinda heavy for my system or maybe I just don't know how to config windows 8 right that's why it really heavy when I use it.

Any help will be appreciated =)

tnx =)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Well, I heard Win8 is light enough. But if Win7 is running well for you, I suppose anything that will make it look like Win8 will also make it slower.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
i would say don't try to change the theme to windows 8. Sometimes it causes booting problem.

Reactions: Koroke San

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Although they look nice,they are really just something else putting a load on your system.Depending on your system these can cause unwanted results.
Windows 8/8.1 would be a much better option.If Windows 8 puts a strain on your system then I am sure some of the bling is going to also

What are your system specs?

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
AMD A8-3850 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics 2.9Ghz
8 Gig RAM
64bit operating system
1 tribyte HDD

Dunno @exterminator20 but when i run my windows 8 cd when trying to update i can't git windows 8.1 in application store and my pc really works epicly without reason. I don't know if that cd was clean or not.

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
8 Gig RAM
64bit operating system
1 tribyte HDD

Dunno @exterminator20 but when i run my windows 8 cd when trying to update i can't git windows 8.1 in application store and my pc really works epicly without reason. I don't know if that cd was clean or not.

cont: and also its 9200 build I think its an evaluation cd comes with 86/64bit different windows 8 pack..

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
8 Gig RAM
64bit operating system
1 tribyte HDD

@ParkBoom You should run Windows 8.1 without any problems...

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Yeah, computer specs aren't the problem. It could be a buggy driver, or something like that. Is the way to update to 8.1 only via app store? Maybe there's another way?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Is your Windows 8 CD an ISO form a torrent?
Were you able to activate it (legit or the other legit way)?
You should have no problems running it on your system

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
@ParkBoom Do you have legit Windows 8 product key?

Sorry for late reply:

@everyone: I think its not legit cause the product key wont activate windows and there are some probs i think within that cd.I just bought a pirate cd and was trying to test windows 8 if it works well. I guess i'll download an evaluation copy on the internet if I can find one.

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
Is your Windows 8 CD an ISO form a torrent?
Were you able to activate it (legit or the other legit way)?
You should have no problems running it on your system

@exterminator20 : Its not from a torrent but from an annoymous vendor I just bought it he said it was an evaluation copy of it..

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
Yeah, computer specs aren't the problem. It could be a buggy driver, or something like that. Is the way to update to 8.1 only via app store? Maybe there's another way?

@Jaspion : I think its just from application store. That was build 9200. idve searched the net but the available copies are windows 8.1 RTM etc i think...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If I were you and you really want Windows 8 I would purchase it from Microsoft or some other legitimate store.That sounds a little shady paying for an evaluation copy with a bogus product key.You can find an ISO of Windows 8 Pro Retail on a torrent but then you have to activate it.There are ways this can be done but you would have to search for yourself as these cannot be posted or discussed here in the forums.

Reactions: ParkBoom

ParkBoom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2014
If I were you and you really want Windows 8 I would purchase it from Microsoft or some other legitimate store.That sounds a little shady paying for an evaluation copy with a bogus product key.You can find an ISO of Windows 8 Pro Retail on a torrent but then you have to activate it.There are ways this can be done but you would have to search for yourself as these cannot be posted or discussed here in the forums.

@exterminator20 : Thank you exter.. Thanks for the wonderful info :)
@Huracan : I'll try it =)

D

Deleted member 178

8 Gig RAM
64bit operating system
1 tribyte HDD

Win8 is lighter than Win7 in all aspects, so with this config it should be very fast. Pirated copy are heavier for many reasons (rootkit/malware inside, hack affecting the OS, etc...)

i am sure your "CD and license" of Win8 are not legit, surely a pirated one; your issue happened to me when i was running a pirated copy of Win8 (for testing purposes of course :D ) ; Win8.1 didn't appeared in my Windows Store and Windows booted and reacted slower than a legit copy.

buy a real copy of Win8 and you will be fine

Reactions: BoraMurdar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.