Level 6
Tester
Hi.

so this is the laptop i gonna buy :
CPU: CoffeeLake Core i7- 8756H ~ 4.1GHz 9MB
RAM: 16GB DDR5 2666M H
HDD: 1TB + 128
VGA: GTX1060 3GB GDDR5

and the games i gonna play is like PUBG - probably Assassin Creed - For Honor - Rust - red dead redemption 2.

so pretty much that's it
what do you think ?

Thanks!

Mr.Pr

Level 6
Tester
It should handle most game at 1080p high or even ultra details at 60 fps.
By the way Red dead redemption 2 doesn't exist on PC :LOL:
realy? didn't know that :(

ok so is 60 fps smooth enough for the mentioned games?

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth

Paul Lee

Level 9
Verified
Should handle most games at medium-high settings. Only thing is that the GPU has only 3GB of memory instead of its 6GB brother. You should be able to play those games on medium-high settings although it depends on what the resolution of the screen is. Don't think Red Read Redemption 2 is on PC though. Might come out in the future :giggle:

plat1098

Level 6
Verified
My two cents: A very nice laptop package but if you can, go for the 6GB 1060 model, it can handle greater graphics detail. Look at the requirements for one game, for example. I looked on Amazon real quick, as an example, for an ASUS TUF laptop, it varied from similar cost to 200 USD more with comparable Coffee Lake specs. If you do a little online searching, you can find other comparative info on 3 GB vs. 6GB. But for the demanding games you listed, consider a gpu with 4 GB VRAM minimum.

Vasudev

Level 28
Verified
Hi.

so this is the laptop i gonna buy :
CPU: CoffeeLake Core i7- 8756H ~ 4.1GHz 9MB
RAM: 16GB DDR5 2666M H
HDD: 1TB + 128
VGA: GTX1060 3GB GDDR5

and the games i gonna play is like PUBG - probably Assassin Creed - For Honor - Rust - red dead redemption 2.

so pretty much that's it
what do you think ?

Thanks!
I don't think you PC exists? DDR5 isn't available for consumers.
3GB is small, 4-6GB is the sweet spot these days. 1060 is perfect choice and so is the CPU. You can push ~80-100 FPS easily.
You can undervolt both CPU and GPU using ThrottleStop and MSI AB 4.5 and above( Use crtl+F voltage curve editor) for lower temps and consistent FPS and performance.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Pr